Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Genre: Food & Drink
- Released: 21 Dec, 2012
- Size: 140.4 MB
- Price: $9.99
- App Store Info
DescriptionCalling all science and foodie geeks! Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter has been rebuilt for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC & Mac on Inkling. As a universal app, you pay one price to get the book on all of these devices.
In addition to all of the recipes and content from the print edition of this popular cookbook, the Inkling version makes it easier than ever to hack your kitchen. This interactive edition is a great resource for playing with kitchen chemistry, as beautiful to read as it is fun to use. Spin 3D molecules of different flavors in one section, or use hyperlinks to quickly navigate both in and out of the book. Plus, it’s easy to bookmark individual recipes and leave additional notes right in the text that you can share with other users.
Top features on iPad, iPhone, PC & Mac:
* Beautiful Layout: Science is beautiful. Whimsical illustrations, graphing paper backgrounds, and more make reading about cooking almost as fun as messing around in the kitchen.
* Spin 3D Molecules: Zoom in on the science behind cooking, all the way down to the molecular level. Play with 3D molecules of flavors like "tutti frutti" and black truffle in your book.
* Links and Poptips: Anything that looks tappable, is. Use live links to navigate to other portions of the book or to check out useful websites mentioned throughout.
* Recipes to Try: From a simple cocktail to an elaborate entree, all of that science know-how adds up to some pretty delicious recipes for you to try.
* Search: Need to find something quickly? Search anything, and Inkling looks through the whole book—as well as Google and Wikipedia.
* Notebook for bookmarks and highlights: Make highlights, and bookmark anything, including recipes. It’s all saved to your notebook that lives inside your book for easy reference.
Bonus feature on iPad, iPad mini, PC & Mac:
* Notes: It’s easy to make notes anywhere in the book that can even include web links. All notes are also saved to your guide’s searchable and personalized notebook.