- Publisher: Majic Jungle Software
- Genre: Simulation
- Released: 10 Jan, 2013
- Size: 30.4 MB
- Price: FREE!
- App Store Info
Description"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer
"Also, you should really download The Blockheads. It's insanely good." - TouchArcade
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing.
You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out.
All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks.
You have only minutes before exhaustion hits.
Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire?
What will you do?
Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. Navigate huge simulated worlds thousands of blocks wide with a full temperature and climate system, seasons, an equator, and frozen poles. Explore complex cave systems and flowing water, and survive deserts and snowy mountain tops.
Play alone, or with a friend, with online two player multiplayer and voice chat over Game Center.
• Control your blockheads in a vast randomly generated world with oceans, mountains, forests, deserts and deep underground caves.
• Keep an eye on their needs - give them sleep, feed them, create clothing and shelter - and they'll be happier, quicker and more productive.
• Craft tools with the resources they find, and they'll be able to work even faster and find more resources.
• Upgrade workbenches and unlock more advanced items to craft.
• Discover precious stones and metals deep underground, or rare plants and animals on the surface.
• Craft a boat and navigate the oceans using the accurate night sky to guide you.
• Make fur clothing and venture to the North Pole.
• Pick coconuts at a tropical beach.
• Cook meat at a campfire.
• Build a marble palace.
• Paint the walls.
• Plant an orchard.
• Ride a donkey!
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199.1 fixes issues found in 1.2. More details at the end.
1.2 lets time pass when you exit! It also hugely improves lag/pausing issues, and adds a lot of awesome new stuff!
- No need to leave your device running for long crafting times anymore. Instruct a blockhead to craft 10 ingots, exit the app, come back after enough time has elapsed and it'll be done! When you exit, time will continue for each blockhead until all queued actions and crafting are completed, or they get too exhausted. Watch out though, while blockheads are busy they will get tired and hungry as usual, and they can even suffer damage.
- You can now warp in up to FOUR BLOCKHEADS! Blockheads also now cost less food and time crystals.
- Find fish in the sea.
- Craft a fishing rod to catch them.
- But watch out for SHARKS!
- Upgrade your press with bronze to create tin foil, then roast fish on the campfire to create the most fulfilling meal yet.
- Craft, wear, and unleash the power of the incredible TIN FOIL HAT!
- While swimming, eat kelp to get a boost of air.
- Clothing now degrades much, much, slower, and at different rates depending on what the blockhead is doing, and on the clothing item.
- Queue multiple craft actions one after the other at a single workbench.
- Also queue sleeping events at a bed even when not tired. Blockheads still must be tired when they get there to actually sleep though.
- New animation when harmed.
- Basalt is now shinier, and has a new unique look when painted.
- All new blockheads can now be warped in immediately without another blockhead needing to be at the portal to warp them in.
- Blockheads can collapse from exhaustion or starvation, and refuse to craft if too exhausted or starving.
- Blockheads don't starve until a while after hunger bar reaches zero, and starving doesn't damage health as much initially.
- When using a gold pick axe or spade on ore/coal/oil/clay etc. there is now a small chance of getting 10 of that ore on any strike.
- Removing a reinforced platform now also removes the back wall where appropriate.
- Placed reinforced platforms now also preserve the back wall, so it's now possible to create interesting back wall designs with different blocks.
- Fixed many lag issues, and made the game run a lot faster and smoother, particularly with many donkeys, and with melting/freezing/flowing water and falling snow.
- These changes also greatly improve battery usage.
- Basalt now gives correct bonuses when mined with gem pickaxes.
- The 'pausing and running in mid air every few seconds' bug is fixed.
- Fixes many crash bugs.
- Fixes disappearing action boxes when chasing animals.
- Fixed bug where you could breathe underwater by mining blocks.
- Fixed bug where the crickets would always make noise regardless of sound volume.
- Fixed bug that could cause world corruption in multiplayer games.
- Fixed bug where queued interactions or pick up actions could get canceled if off screen.
- Many other minor fixes
- Adds particles and an icon to make it clearer when the tin foil hat is queuing AI events.
- Tin foil hat wearers will no longer mine placed blocks.
- Fixes an issue that could cause worlds to fail to load.
- Fixes problems with invisible plants, and trees that don't fall down when chopped
- Fixes more crash bugs, particularly in multiplayer
- Fixes issue that could make button presses fail to work sometimes
- Fixes graphical issue with doors and trapdoors in transparent blocks
- Fixes problems with very large numbers of sharks or fish spawning
- Other minor fixes