Beat the Market - a stock trading challenge
- App Store Info
DescriptionCreate a portfolio of stocks, bonds, ETFs and mutual funds and try to beat the S&P500 and other users. Uses real market data (most exchanges and real time) to execute market orders along with limit and stop orders.
Beat the Market is a portfolio emulator that uses real-time real-market data to let you create a virtual portfolio of real assets and compare your virtual portfolio's return to the S&P500 and other users
* start with $100,000 virtual cash
* buy a portfolio of listed stocks, bonds, ETFs and mutual funds
* accepts many different buy orders: market order, market-on-open order, limit buy order, stop buy order (Screenshots 3,4)
* shows real time value of portfolio assets (Screenshot 2)
* allows the use of a proxy asset to approximate the intra-day gain/loss of any asset that does not trade during the day
* credits portfolio with dividends and splits
* plots daily portfolio value against S&P500 (Screenshot 1)
* calculates portfolio beta and alpha
* compares return and alpha to S&P500 (Screenshot 5)
* compares return and alpha to other users (requires iOS8)
Creating a portfolio of assets with your $100,000 is free.
Selling Assets: Beat the Market will also allow you to sell any asset to increase your cash position or to buy different assets. Selling requires a commission 'Token'. Tokens are available as an In-App Purchase. Purchased Tokens can be transferred to any nearby iOS device.
* accepts many different sell orders: market order, market-on-open order, limit sell order, stop sell order