Butterflies of Britain & Western Europe: A Guide from iSpiny
- App Store Info
DescriptionHeld at the low out-of-season price for just a little longer!
This app includes fantastic photos, facts and distribution maps for 122 European butterflies and day-flying moths - that's all British and Irish butterflies, plus the most common moths, plus species from mainland Europe so that you can use the guide while on holiday. The reference notes include details of appearance, habitat, favourite nectar source, distribution and rarity status, the images show males, females, upper and undersides. You can add your own photos to the app to compliment the images provided and to really make the app your own.
This is the only quality butterfly app to include extensive record keeping features, with iCloud syncing to keep your data safe. Note the location, time and date of the sighting, make notes, add your own photos, view your records on a map or as a list, and download as an Excel file.
The app also includes a photo-based Butterfly Finder to help identify mystery butterflies using a combination of filters including details of appearance, location, altitude and date.
• All butterflies plus the most common day-flying moths of Britain and Ireland.
• A photo-based 'Butterfly Finder' based on appearance, habitat, location, date and more
• Carefully selected photos of males, females, upper and undersides.
• Labelled photos of key features
• A 'compare images'feature
• A 'History' feature to make it easy to go back to the last species you looked at
• A European distribution map for every species
• iCloud syncing to keep your data safe
• A back-up system so you can save your data
• Export your list of sightings to Excel
• You can add your own photos of the butterfly or its habitat
• Share your sightings with the built-in Facebook and Twitter links.
The app covers an area from Ireland in the west, eastwards to Austria, south to Sicily and north to Finland and Sweden. Select just the species from one country, or browse through all the species.
We have many years experience of developing biological software and this has enabled us to pack the app full of features while keeping it simple and easy to use. All the listed features are included in the app when you buy it - we don't have in-app purchase and we won't ask you to sign-up or register for anything.