Algebra Tiles: Visualize Math
- App Store Info
DescriptionAlgebra Tiles are visual tools that help students understand manipulating expressions and equations.
Algebra Tiles let students experiment with solving problems using both an algebraic and geometric approach.
Teachers can create problems and save them to show to students later.
This app lets students use tiles in several ways:
• Students can drag tiles out and see the value of what they have placed.
• Drag the same type of tiles on top of one another to group them together.
• Double tap a tile to make it negative.
• Introduces the idea of parenthesis and subtracting a group of tiles.
• Students can compare two expressions to see if one is bigger than the other.
• Students work to find the value that makes two expression equal.
• Learn how to multiple two numbers. (Start with length and width and find the area)
• Extends mathmatical model of multiplication to a geometric idea.
• Learn how to factor an expression. (Start with an area and find the Length and Width)
Students, Teachers, and Parents: we would love to hear your feedback to make this app a great tool to use at home and in the classroom!
What's New in Version 1.2Two great new features!
+ Added ability to save problems for later. Great for teachers to setup several problems before class to show to students.
+ Added ability to change the tile colors. If you would like a certain set of colors please email [email protected] with a picture of the Algebra Tiles you would like to match.