Algebra Tiles: Home
- App Store Info
DescriptionAlgebra Tiles are visual tools that help students understand manipulating expressions and equations.
Algebra Tiles: Home lets students experiment with solving problems using both an algebraic and geometric approach.
This app lets students use tiles in several ways:
• Students can drag tiles out and see the value of what they have placed.
• Drag the same type of tiles on top of one another to group them together.
• Double tap a tile to make it negative.
• Introduces the idea of parenthesis and subtracting a group of tiles.
• Students can compare two expressions to see if one is bigger than the other.
• Students work to find the value that makes two expression equal.
• Learn how to multiple two numbers. (Start with length and width and find the area)
• Extends mathmatical model of multiplication to a geometric idea.
• Learn how to factor an expression. (Start with an area and find the Length and Width)
Students, Teachers, and Parents: we would love to hear your feedback to make this app a great tool to use at home and in the classroom!