Starry - View Stars Day & Night
- App Store Info
DescriptionStarry - View stars Day&Night is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
A window to the stars has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just aim your iPhone at the sky to identify stars, planets and more in any direction you point. Experience the wonders of the night in ways you’ve only dreamed of.
Is it a star or Saturn? Learning what’s in your sky is now effortless with Sky Map. Hold it up and Planetarium Guide automatically aligns itself to your surroundings without any setup required! Looking for the constellation Virgo? No problem. You can search for thousands of celestial objects and be guided exactly where to look in your sky.
Sky Map contains immersive visuals unlike any star app you have seen before. Based on a high-resolution sky panorama created by one of the app developers, Planetarium Guide is the product of over 37,000 actual photographs! This exclusive imagery gives you stunning realism that lets you witness millions of stars—not just a few thousand simulated points! Plus, you can control the intensity of the stars with HDR brightness gestures to dial in your local viewing conditions.
Sky Map may have few buttons but it has ample content. With more articles by leading astronomical authors than apps costing ten times the price, many enlightened moments await novice and seasoned stargazers alike. Plus, Planetarium Guide functions with or without a Wi-Fi, data, or GPS signal. Everything is at your fingertips at all times, in all places.
• Over ten thousands stars!
• Elegant and simple: Unobtrusive controls and gestures free up the screen for the best sky view yet.
• Rich content: Loads of stunning Retina-quality graphics and original artwork.
• Soundscape: Designed by Mat Jarvis, the most highly featured composer in the award-winning soundtrack for the game Osmos. Stars have sounds based on their temperature and size.
• Useful anywhere: Works with or without a GPS or data signal. Built-in access to hundreds of articles no matter where you are.
• HDR brightness gestures: Dynamically control how bright the sky is to match your surroundings.
• Compatible with iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and iPod Touch, 4th and 5th gen. Sky Guide requires a gyroscope.
• Smoother sky tracking on iPhones
• 200 special deep-sky objects (galaxies, nebula's, etc.)
• 8 planets (and pluto)
• All 88 constellations
• Gyroscope and compass support
• Options for using the app outside (red-mode)
• Sophisticated location and time controls
What's New in Version 1.2.3. Satellites option
. Performance improvements