- App Store Info
DescriptionVillage guides are a unique new series of guides designed for the iPhone and iPads. They allow both the casual visitor and the long-time resident to have a fascinating insight into the past by telling the story of villages through text, audio and superb archive photographs.
Set in the north-east of England, they bring the region’s particular mix of industrial and medieval past to light in a way that traditional guide books cannot match. They also have very useful information for the visitor such as listing where to park or finding out where the nearest cash-point is. Plus you can also find out somewhere great to eat.
This village guide covers Lynemouth
• Uncover 10,000 years of history in the story of one small village.
• Find out where Mesolithic men left behind their tools.
• Discover the only remaining building of the old Lynemouth.
• Explore what is left of the biggest undersea mine in Europe.
• Learn about Lynemouth’s early days.
• See photos of how Lynemouth used to look.
• Read about the Smelter and the Powerstation and learn fascinating new facts about them.
• Glimpse into the recent past with the story of the Lynemouth Institute and what the designers of modern Lynemouth hope to achieve.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it encourages you to try out other village guides in the series, such as Blyth or Newbiggin-by-the Sea.