- App Store Info
DescriptionBlast off with this fun and exciting way to learn how to add to 10!
Teachers designed Martian Match based on the Common Core State Standards. This game will have students keep track of counting, see number relationships, learn addition to 10, and develop skills needed to learn place value.
Using ten frames and counters will develop students' subitizing skills, the ability to instantly recognize a number without using other mathematical processes. This skill plays a fundamental role in the development of students' understanding of numbers.
This game connects with the 8 Standards of Mathematical Practices:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.