MIDI Designer 12 — Professional MIDI Controller
- App Store Info
DescriptionNew customers are urged to check out MIDI Designer Pro. MIDI Designer 12 is only available for existing customers and by special arrangement.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer:
● Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
● Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
● Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
● A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
● Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
● Platform for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Casio, Moog and Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
Sometimes you need a professional MIDI controller, but with just a few controls. MIDI Designer 12 provides the same rock-solid platform, ease of use and awesome playability of MIDI Designer Pro, but with just 12 controls. Embrace the simplicity.
MIDI Designer is the top choice for controlling ANYTHING via MIDI—from hardware synths to DAWs, lighting rigs to other iOS apps:
● Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
● Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages
● Save, load and share your layouts and pages with other users
● Send and receive all MIDI message types, including sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC.
● Connect any way CoreMIDI can: use Wi-Fi or hardware such as the Line6 MIDI Mobilizer II, iRig, iConnect, and others
● Use supercontrols and subcontrols to create simple and complex relationships between controls
● Full support for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
● Presets and other features make a mature, reliable platform for your future development
MIDI Designer is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS.
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
What's New in Version 1.6.2In Version 1.6.2, the most-powerful professional MIDI controller for iOS gets several important defect fixes, particularly regarding presets for groups (and channel changers). Several significant new features — like multiline labels and bank/page jump buttons — are also included.
Our users know that we are listening: feedback2014 [at] midiDesigner.com
- Multiline labels for sliders, knobs, buttons and crossfaders
- URL launching (via AudioBus, but other URLs work too)
- Backgrounding for up to 60 minutes as config option
- Page and Bank Jump Buttons, including jump back to last page
- Jump and up/down for page and bank also available on other side (iPad only)
New Features in Design Mode
- New (yellow) design-mode marker for Hide in Performance
- Guidelines in design mode for easier alignment
- Gridlines on pedalboards in design mode
Minor New Features
- Some new textures: Cheese Grater, Tripping Bubbles, Pulsar, Hemoglobin (and renamed some)
- Bring to Front in Performance (Toggle)
- Bank button will not be visible if one bank (and other, similar cases)
- Big fixes to presets for groups and global presets (their interaction)
- Presets not being saved with rig when saved/mailed
- Fixed snap-to-default and snap-to-value times, should be right on
- Fixed generally buggy behavior for both inverted ticks and named ticks relating to:
---- MIDI Receive
---- Channel Changer/Preset supercontrols
---- Subcontrols spinning supercontrols
---- Supercontrols spinning subcontrols
- Fixed “latch” (also called “make toggle and hold”)
- Fixes for button groups, latch (“make toggle”) and momentary buttons
- Fixes for consistency with send-on-only for controls and supercontrols of buttons
- Fixed subcontrols not spinning supercontrols if not visible
- Updated splashes
- Adjusted Casio and Antares layouts to have one bank (bank selectors disappear)
- Fixed obscure annoyance with new installs on iPhone and adding first control
- Lowered frequency of mail-signup nag, especially for Pro/Unlocked users