CanOpener — for Headphones
- App Store Info
DescriptionHigh quality audio, for when you're wearing headphones.
"CanOpener conjures speakers from your headphones" – Pitchfork
"Audiophiles rejoice, your ultimate plaything is here" – Apps Magazine
"CanOpener is an excellent app for listening with headphones on iOS" – TUAW
"Prepare yourself to experience better quality audio on your iPhone" – Swipe Magazine
CanOpener was designed to make listening to music on headphones better. With comprehensive audio processing controls & metering, CanOpener allows you to fine-tune the listening experience for your own ears, headphones, and personal tastes.
Crossfeed – CanOpener's crossfeed algorithm allows your headphones to behave a bit more like speakers. The design, a result of extensive research and listening tests, incorporates several broad characteristics of an ideal loudspeaker setup, creating a more spacious, natural soundstage over headphones.
Equalizer – A gorgeous-sounding, touchable EQ enables intuitive, flexible tone shaping.
Dosimeter and loudness metering – For supported headphone models, CanOpener can measure precisely how loud you are listening, helping you monitor your listening habits and protect your hearing.
Personalized control – CanOpener does not alter the audio until you tell it to. We don't believe in one-size-fits-all audio processors and feel strongly that you are the best judge of what sounds good for your music. If you're not sure where to start, try some presets in the Crossfeed & Equalizer or ask us for help!
• Play your existing iTunes library with CanOpener, no importing
• Proprietary crossfeed algorithm
• Mastering-grade baxandall equalizer
• Extensive monitoring controls
• dB SPL prediction & dosimeter
• Crossfeed and EQ presets
• True decibel volume control
• FLAC Support, with File Sharing via iTunes
• Gapless playback
• 64-bit digital audio path
• Sample rates up to 96 kHz
Find us on Twitter @canopener
More info at canopenerapp.com
* We recommend using CanOpener with iPhone 4, iPad 2 or newer devices.
* CanOpener can play iTunes Match files, but the files must be downloaded to your device.
What's New in Version 1.12• Support for custom headphone models
• Album artwork display preferences
• Additional headphone models
• Bug fix for headphone editor on iOS 6