Oxford Dictionary of English plus Audio
- App Store Info
DescriptionEntirely revised and updated to include the most comprehensive and accurate picture of the English language today, Oxford Dictionary of English represents the authority of dictionary apps.
The current edition includes thousands of additional words and sentences, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH FREE BETTER THAN ALL OTHER DICTIONARIES?
The Oxford Dictionary of English offers you:
* the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world;
* the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings;
* thousands of words and sentences derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus;
* about 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial or variant pronunciations.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at [email protected]
What's New in Version 8.1.7* Optimized for iOS 9!
* Support for slide-over and split-view multitasking (for iPad models with multitasking support)
* Bug fixes and performance improvements