Flying Fears? Get help from a Virgin
Sir Richard Branson's company Virgin Atlantic is always ready to adopt new innovations, be it either civilian space travel or an iPhone App. Branson has also been well known for his philanthropy and personal approach to passengers, giving even low budget airline travel a bit of class. This has extended into the companys' Flying without Fear Courses and newly released iPhone App of the same name, designed to help those who have a fear of flying cope with their travels.
This is a clever business concept, pulling in loyal customers while promoting the companys 'human' side.Though despite the steep cost involved with attending the actual course (which is still quite affordable compared to years of therapy), the iPhone App is not too costly at £2.99 ($4.99 USD) and seems like a good investment for those needing the extra encouragement.
- Personal video introduction by Sir Richard Branson.
- In-flight explanation video from start to finish of a flight.
- Common questions answered by General Manager of Flight Operations, David Kistruck.
- Relaxation exercises and fear therapy by Relaxation Counselor David Landau.
- Fear attack button for emergencies with breathing exercise and quick tips.
- Personalized program with daily advice and exercises, preparing you for your next flight.
- 2,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles when joining the program.
* Taken from AppStore
The developers behind the App are New York group Mental Workout, who form partnerships with experts world wide to create a range of self help Apps, covering Stress, Fears, Meditation and Happiness.
- Flying without Fear iTunes UK
- Flying Without Fear iTunes USA
- Flying Without Fear iTunes Australia
- Virgin Atlantics' Flying Without Fear Website
- Mental Workout Website