Babylonian Twins, a neat Puzzle Platformer
Cosmos Interactive recently released the unique puzzle platformer Babylonian Twins HD on the iPad.
Babylonian Twins is inspired from history books and authentic Middle Eastern art, it tells the story of the twin princes of Babylon, Nasir and Blasir, and their quest to defeat the evil magic of the great sorcerer and restore peace to the city.
This game is special because of its development timeline, you can have a little read of the history below:
Babylonian Twins is coming to you from the land of Babylon; it was originally developed in Iraq by three friends on the Amiga under the economic sanctions in the nineties. Their goal was to build a game that gives a positive image about Iraq. However, their dream did not materialize as the game was never released due to the sanctions and the demise of Commodore. In 2008, a demo of the game was published on the web and was met with strong positive feedback from the retro Amiga community. Since then www.babyloniantwins.com received thousands of visitors from over 85 countries.
That all inspired the original team to reunite over the web from Canada, US and Australia after 16 years to bring this gem to the mass. For more than 8 months and with an expanded team and the financial support of Telefilm Canada, they reproduced every aspect of the graphics, sounds and game play specifically for the iPhone and iPad while maintaining the original authentic and retro feel. The result was a masterpiece.
Checkout the YouTube Vid:
- Uniquely combines fast action with puzzle solving
- Innovative two-character game play, each character has its own abilities
- Distinctive historic atmosphere with stunning HD graphics
- Fun characters and enemies from ancient Mesopotamia
- Original authentic music by a talented Iraqi musician
- 5 different areas to explore: The Tower of Babylon, The Assyrian Palace, The Hanging Gardens, The Procession Street and The Old Dungeon
- Over a dozen large puzzling levels with variety of items such as ground switches, sliding doors, hidden walls, keys, and teleports
- Hidden authentic Mesopotamian treasures, and unlock-able levels for even more challenge
- Responsive touch controls
- iPod music support (play the music and start the game)
- Upcoming updates include more levels, more puzzle and more fun.