Highborn Joins OpenFeint Community
Jet Set Games has collaborated with OpenFeint in the latest update for Highborn bringing the turn-based strategy game to the 30-million-person OpenFeint community. The game has been available for free for today as part of OpenFeints Free Game of the Day promotion and will be sitting at the new price of only $0.99 from the 31st of July.
In addition to adding the OpenFeint platform for multiplayer gaming, Highborn version 1.1.0 includes a new achievements system along with various improvements and enhancements:
- More than 20 single-player and multiplayer achievements to unlock
- Player-to-player chat
- Significant improvements to mission loading times
- Enhanced map mode performance
- Various bug fixes
- Removed Facebook-based multiplayer (NOTE: all existing Facebook multiplayer games will be deleted in this update)
- A Light Touch - Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
- Time for a New Strategy - Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
- Multiplay at Your Pace - Turn-based gaming enables players to think, then act, in round-based play via OpenFeint's 31-million-player community. Players can have multiple games going at once, and can trash-talk their opponents in player-to-player chat.
- Many Styles of Play - Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
- Achieve Greatness - More than 20 single- and multiplayer achievements to unlock, including judicious use of turns, using units as bait, and making it through an entire mission without capturing support structures.
Jet Set Games is planning to release additional single- and multi-player gameplay for Highborn in the form of in-app downloadable content. The company is also finalizing an iPad-specific version of Highborn for release later this summer, pricing to be announced.
Checkout our Video Review for the original Highborn: