StarDunk - Online Basketball in Space Review
- Simple competitive free-throw gameplay.
- Variety of power-ups and balls to collect.
- Watch the globe to see where your opponents are from.
- More modes or a unique offline mode needed to reduce repetitiveness.
Like so many minigames there's a chance you'll get bored of the repetitive gameplay, but the online gameplay of StarDunk will keep you occupied for a long time and it's great to throw down a quick match on the go.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
If basketball, online gaming and the 'flick' genre of minigames were put in a blender, you'd still only just start to approach the kind of game StarDunk by Godzilab is like.
Players can choose between left or right handed orientation, placing the ball and hoop at opposite sides of the screen depending on your choice. To aim, all you have to do is place your finger down and drag around the screen to set your throw strength and angle. An indicator helps to align your shot and while this could make the game too easy for some, having the ball move around constantly provides enough a challenge so it's definitely a welcome visual aid. Four pinball style bumpers on the backboard can also be lit to engage one of several bonus modes.
StarDunk keeps things simple on the visual front with minimalistic neon designs highlighted with sparkly effects. However the real standout has to be the virtual planet Earth that continually rotates around to show the exact location of those you're playing against. Something as small as this feels incredibly engaging as it drives home that you're playing against real people and not some ethereal virtual entity. Players are encouraged to stick to online matches as they're the only way to unlock the variety of balls that have unique special effects.
On its own, StarDunk is a great time-waster, however it's the addition of online play and rewards that bumps this beyond a toy and straight in to the leagues of the insanely addictive; definitely worth checking out.
DescriptionBastketball in Space with thousands of players from Earth. Isn't that awesome?
Stardunk is a Massively Multiplayer Online Basketball where you play against all the players from the planet Earth in realtime.
More than 5 millions have downloaded and are enjoying Stardunk, come and join us for super fun parties of more than a thousands of players.
Gizmodo.com - Best app July 16
"that's kinda like Space Jam, and that should be enough to make you run over to the App Store and download this game straight away"
148apps - 4/5 stars
"starDunk is a very nice looking game that is quite amazing due to its multiplayer capabilities."
Appaddict.net - 5/5 stars
"This game is so addictive that you’ll find that time will just fly by and before you know it that one quick two-minute game will have turned into 10 or 20 quick two-minute games."
Appadvice.com - 4/5 stars
"This is one of the best online experiences for the iPhone platform that will keep you coming back for more."
StarDunk is combining the best of basketball, massive online competition and retro games.
- Massive online competition against all the players from the planet
- Powerful bonuses to increase your score
- Earn awards and unlock more than 20 unique balls, each with its unique capacities
- Create and customize amazing new balls with a wide variety of abilities and visuals
- 60 FPS on iPhone/iPod 3rd and 4th gen with enhanced graphics and next-gen shaders.
- Add your friends to GameCenter or Plus+ and play against them online
- Race to the top of global leaderboards for high scores glory
DO YOU LOVE STARDUNK?
- Visit our website www.godzilab-games.com, check out our other games, follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/godzilab) and leave comments on our forums