Drag Racer : Perfect Run Review
- Still the same fun Drag Racer gameplay; decent amount of gameplay and customisation options.
- Option to use your iPod during gameplay.
- Automatically saves your career, cars and cash.
- A large number of online flash game features are missing in this iPhone version; how do you exclude NOS from a drag racing game?!
- All the cars are blank and nameless; most likely due to possible legal infringements.
- The gear shifting controls are very messy and 6th gear is almost impossible to shift into.
While it’s not as good as the original flash game, Drag Racer: Perfect Run is still a somewhat satisfying spin-off title and is worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Drag Racer: Perfect Run is a port of the popular online flash game for the iPhone. Your goal is still the same; to buy a car, earn money by racing and continue to upgrade your car until you can buy a better car. The game is essentially the same as the flash version, but there are some slight differences throughout.
The controls have been changed slightly as players use a pedal to accelerate and must drag the gear stick up and down with their finger to change gears. This would make for some fun gameplay, but you will have problems shifting gears as it’ll either not register or just puts you into the wrong gear all together.
The visuals look about the same as the flash version, which is a little disappointing but fine. The game is limited to sound effects only, but players can use their iPod during gameplay if they choose to. The game is single player only, but there are a ton of different race and customisation options to keep players happy for a while.
Drag Racer: Perfect Run is a good port but lacks some of the things that made the flash version so much fun. Perfect gear shifts, car show modes, Dyno options and, worst of all, Nitrous Oxide and Turbo features have all been excluded. It doesn’t make the game bad, just not as great as the original. But if you love drag racing games, then there’s still a lot of the original gameplay here and high octane fun to be had.
DescriptionThis is the original version of the Drag Racer game
on the iPhone/iPod Touch. For the most
up to date drag racing action, try
"Drag Racer : Pro Tuner"
Race, Customize and Upgrade your favorite cars in this adaptation of the old Drag Racer games.
- 25+ Cars to Customize (More Coming Soon!)
- Each Car with all new custom parts (More Coming Soon!)
- Unlimited customization
- 24 Different Tournaments, 30 Challenges to compete in
- Loads of Performance Parts (More Coming Soon!)
New Menus, new controls and vamped up graphics
=== Game Tips ===
===== Tips for the new controls :
- Tap & Hold the Gas Button to go forward
- Hit the gas too early, and the car will burnout
- Hit the gas at the right time, and the car will launch forward
- When the RPM meter reaches about 6k RPM, the red light will turn on, this is the best time to shift gears
- To Shift, Click and drag the shifter to the next appropriate gear (think like a standard transmission car)
- If you don't know how to drive stick, read the numbers on the gear shifter, this should give you an idea where to go, (first down, then right and up, then down, then right and up, then down)
- For the trickier gears (2 to 3 & 4 to 5) try to move the gear shifter slower and move directly to the number
- the gear can't always be "thrown" or "slapped" into gear, so holding the gear shift as it goes into the gear helps, you can keep your finger on the gear shifter at all times while your racing
===== Tips with Gameplay :
- if you start with a high number in a stat, that stat will grow quicker with upgrades (a car with high HP will have a higher maximum HP)
- Keep your weight down as you upgrade (use weight reduction) as this effects how quickly your car goes in the lower RPMs
- Use cars with Higher TQ & Lightweight for 400m races, use cars with Higher HP for 2500m races
- When your in the middle of a tourney, you can leave, do some quick races, make some money, upgrade your car, then return to the tournament. If you lose a race however, you lose the tournament.
Have Fun & Customize your cars! More cars are on the way, as well as more challenges & tournaments.
Follow us on Twitter: @xmgstudio http://www.twitter.com/xmgstudio Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/xmgstudio