- Action-arcade physics fun with a Kirby-like power-up twist.
- Amusing storyline.
- Controls not always intuitive; gravity and interacting with the environment can lead to odd results.
- Poor interface design; vague indicators in and out of game.
Sticky is a fun concept that plunges players in to a crazy, non-stop bounce-fest that can change at any moment, but later levels can quickly spin out of control and being told you failed without being told why is simply frustrating, not motivating.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Take two crazy scientists; add one abandoned lab; a dash of megalomaniacal hubris; and a whole lot of good intentions and you end up with Sticky, an orange blob who's sole existence seems to be in generating the goo he's made of. As results go, it's not exactly the infinite well of energy I'm sure they were after, but when another experiment goes wrong it's up to the blob to keep the messy black-goop under control.
In each level you'll need to guide Sticky around the screen, bouncing and bopping enemies on their 'heads' to dissolve and eliminate them before they can find a pipe and escape in to the world at large. This isn't always easy as you can only 'stick' to surfaces made out of the same goop you're made of and power-ups earned from defeated foes can drastically affect how you maneuver around the screen. Additional complications crop up when you have to deal with other physics based hazards including wind-tunnels and gravity that's hard to predict.
However most of these issues could be tolerated if the simple act of attacking enemies was predictable. Unfortunately, smacking enemies on the head bounces you off like a golf-ball hitting a bowling ball, rendering some power-ups almost useless; in particular, attempting to freeze enemies and tapping to blow them up is frustrating when you're flung to the other side of the map.
There are genuine moments of fun to be had in this physics-platformer by Gamistry Games, but there's an overwhelming sense that the game is unfinished. Each level ends with players being compared to a checklist, though no cut-off values are given for success or failure; no timers indicate how long you have left with a power-up; and no progress bar or any explanation on how to finish levels faster is provided, resulting in levels that feel like they have no end.
Sticky is conceptually a fun title and when the mindless bouncing around goes without a hitch it feels like someone smashed Kirby together with Angry Birds. Sadly these moments are rare, making it a hard game to recommend.
DescriptionGet gooey in this great, gloopy adventure!
The world’s energy resources are dwindling, in an effort to save the planet Professor B Bunsen attempts to create a new infinite fuel source-but accidentally creates Sticky, the loveable little ball of orange goo, and he is about to embark on quite an adventure!
GETTING STUCK ISN’T A PROBLEM
Use the super easy control scheme to fling Sticky across the screen and bash into his sludgy enemies. Land on their heads to turn them to mush, string together combos by bouncing from one sludge ball to the next to rack up some serious points! Use your sticky body to good effect as you take on waves of evil blobs!
YOU’RE IN A STICKY SITUATION
The evil Dr. Globule has unleashed his army of sludge monsters and it’s up to you to stop them from making their way through the pipes and taking over the world. It’s not always as simple as just landing on their heads however, some bobs will take multiple hits, some can make themselves into solid rock and some are walking icicles! But Sticky himself has some tricks up his sleeve…
Collect power-ups to aid you in your defense of Professor Bunsen, including an anvil that turns sticky into a giant round ball capable of crushing most blobs in one go; an ice gem that allows Sticky to freeze the oncoming enemies and then smash them to tiny pieces! Or a shield that encases sticky in rock and allows him to bash into even the toughest enemies!
SOCIAL GAMING INTEGRATION
Sticky is fully integrated with Crystal and Game Center, unlock achievements and compare your scores with friends and other players across the whole world!
Find out more, first!
What's New in Version 1.02LOADS OF NEW FEATURES IN STICKY 1.02!!!
- Ice powerup has been made heavier, so he will not bounce away as far
- Bounce powerup will now auto-target nearby enemies when bouncing
- Powerups will now combo for more points
The Score System has been completely redone:
- Time has been replaced with a score value, as is present in Survival modes.
- Individual levels now each have a highscore, connected to a crystal leaderboard
- Players are rewarded a bronze/silver/gold star based on a target score
- Score screen now clearly indicates a required score for the next star
- Score rewards have been tweaked to encourage combos and powerup usage for massive points
- Flawless victories (no escaped toxins) will now double the player's score
- Below the score, an indicator will show the amount of enemies still to come
- When a toxin escapes, the word "escaped" will be displayed
- Level pacing has been tweaked, making many levels shorter.
- First survival level has been unlocked, and contains all enemy types right from the start, so you can hop right in!
- Remaining survivals will unlock throughout the first 3 campaigns, or when finishing the boss
- Toxiary has been fully unlocked in line with the survival update
- The first level of every campaign has been unlocked, so players can skip to a future campaign
- Powerup tutorials and Enemy introductions will be shown only once
Thanks for playing Sticky. We hope you like the improvements and please consider changing 1* ratings if you enjoy the game!