Airport Scanner Review
- A good increase of difficulty from level to level without it feeling completely overwhelming.
- Risky bonus feature at the end of each stage.
- The fast track system can be confusing.
- While money isn't a grave concern, some of the power-ups cost a ridiculous amount.
Whoever thought you could make an addictive and entertaining game about being a TSA agent? Airport Scanner has found a way.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Airport security get a bad rap. With the cost of airfare, and the stress of airports, the last thing people want is to wait in a long queue to have their belongings man-handled and their privacy violated. Still, there are those who wish to sneak dangerous things passed the x-ray sensors, and now through the fun of your iPhone and Airport Scanner, you can catch these hooligans out and bring them to justice.
Security has to be balanced with efficiency however. For each plane of passengers that comes through the security terminal, you only have a set amount of time to allow them to make their flight. It pays to be expedient. When a bag goes through the scanner, if any malicious objects are detected, tap on them and the offender will be apprehended. If there is nothing in a bag, you can sweep it along the scanner to speed onto the next piece of luggage. Searching bags with no items in them and letting a dangerous bag go through the scanners undetected will cost you time, as well as your score multiplier if you've been diligent in your duties.
In the scanning queue you will often find first class passengers or flight staff. By tapping the barricades, the queue can shift, and you can fast track these people through security for more points. Also, at the end of the day, there's a bonus game where you get to dole out justice to all those you caught out. You can choose the severity of their fine, and this increases the payout you'll get from them, but there is a chance that they won't pay, and in the case of the severe fine, it can backfire and you have to end up paying compensation, so it sometimes is best to be careful. The money gained from your duties can be used to buy power-ups, which can be a real asset, as each day on the job adds more items to the no-fly list (plus some rare finds if you're sharp enough to spot them).
For such a simple gameplay mechanic, Airport Security is a pretty addictive game. Balancing the bag searching with fast tracking passengers can lead to some hectic yet rewarding moments. Definitely for those looking for a new time waster, or are curious about airport scanning.
DescriptionTry your skills as an Airport Baggage screener in Airport Scanner! Now featuring the ALL NEW R&D Lab where you can test your skills with dozens of new levels and gameplay modes!
Airport Scanner is the hit game that went #1 in over 20 countries!
Every day at the airport is busy and hidden among the impatient travelers are a bunch of bad guys trying to bring all kinds of bad stuff onto flights. It’s your job to scan the carry-on luggage, find the illegal items and get flights out on time.
To make your job easier, you have an awesome X-RAY scanner that you can upgrade with all kinds of power-ups and a trio of burly TSA agents that will lay down the pain on any troublemakers.
PROTECT THE SKIES - JOIN THE TSA
Airport Scanner puts you in charge of operating a life like X-RAY scanner working for the TSA. Mark illegal items, expedite flight crew + first class passengers and look out for air marshals all while getting every flight out on time so passengers don’t riot!
Each day at the airport gets more difficult, with new passengers, more illegal items and more flights to fill as you rise in rank from trainee to an elite operator. Earn XRAY bucks to purchase scanner upgrades to help along the way.
* All New R&D Lab with 50+ new levels!
* Seven Fun Airports – Honolulu, Las Vegas, Chicago, Aspen, London, North Pole and the Moon.
* Hundreds of levels mean hours of enjoyment.
* Real TSA Prohibited and Allowed Items.
* Tons of Hidden Rare Items to Find and Redeem for Xray Bucks!
* XRAY 2000 – Top of the line luggage xray. Fully upgradeable!
* Line Management - fast track first class passengers, hold next flight passengers and get flight crew on their flights! with just one tap!
* Bonus Game – Punish passengers & earn Xray Bucks
* Item Logbook - Track your progress in the logbook.
* XRAY Shop for Scanner Upgrades
* 75+ Addictive Achievements - Earn them ALL!
* Beautiful iPhone Retina graphics.
* Universal support including iPhone 6/6+.
* Game center leaderboard and shareable scores.
* Get social by challenging your friends to compete on Facebook and Twitter.
Haven’t you always wondered what it would be like to operate the X-RAY Scanner at the airport? Here’s your chance!
What's New in Version 1.5.1Forget what you think you know about Airport Scanner! We've added a completely new game mode called the R&D Lab with over 50 new levels and 10 different challenges, each more challenging than the last, featuring more realistic items that will test your spotting skills to the limits! Plus, in the R&D Lab you can actually help real researchers from the George Washington University improve real-life Airport Security simply by playing the Game!
Have fun and we hope you enjoy the latest update from the Kedlin team!
Fixed the IAP issue where IAP transactions would end with a 'receipt validation failed' error message.