Dungeon Scroll Review
- Good sound scape, with option to use iPod during gameplay.
- Easy to use controls and a very simple game interface.
- Targeted at younger demographic, gameplay may be a bit too basic for others.
- Battles against a bobbing image can be lacklustre at time.
This is a great game for school kids or those who enjoy spelling and word based games. If you're not crazy about spelling though, then maybe look somewhere else. The game may be worth its current price if you love to spell.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Dungeon Scroll is a word based adventure game where players travel through different dungeons spelling words in order to cast spells on enemies. Letter tiles and bonus tiles will refresh after every enemy, and the same words cannot be used twice in a single dungeon.
Players control the spelling of words by tapping the different letters on the screen and then tapping submit to cast the spell. Players can also use double damage letters in the spelling of words for attack bonuses and multipliers.
The visuals look good but are the fights are all against static images of enemies that bob down when attacking. The sound is well done and atmospheric, and players also have the option to use their iPod music instead. This is a single player game, but the option to submit highscores to both a local and global leaderboard is available.
Dungeon scroll is a game great for school kids who want to brush up on their spelling. It helps them to recognise letters and words in an interesting and fun way. Not to say that this game is strictly for kids, but the ‘Kid Mode’ difficulty option and spelling is magical subtext of the game suggests this game is targeted to a younger crowd. However, if you enjoy spelling and word based games, then the harder difficulties will challenge you.
Description"BUY THIS GAME." - Eli Hodapp, admin of touchArcade
"If you don’t like word games, this one may actually convert you" - Big Albie
“Depending on how you look at it, Dungeon Scroll either takes adventuring/RPG games or Puzzle games where they haven't been before ... Puzzle game of the year” – Game Tunnel (PC version)
“With a great combination of real-time play, fantasy motif, and excellent mechanics (and a competent dictionary, I might add), Dungeon Scroll becomes my new favorite word game… Two thumbs up, way up!” – The Underdogs (PC version)
"Dungeon Scroll is an amazingly fun little game that really puts your vocabulary and quick-thinking skills through the wringer" - Gamespot (PC version)
The award winning game Dungeon Scroll is now fully optimized for play on your iPhone!
If a word game and a dungeon crawler had a baby, this would be it. Arrange tiles to create magic words and blast rats, spiders and skeletons. But beware, a great evil looms beneath the depths.
Grab your wand and sharpen your intellect for you’re about to embark on a dangerous journey through twenty-five of the most vile dungeons in the realm!
• Internet Global Highscore feature including world flags and the most comprehensive game details ever in a word-game!
• Automatic save/resume on exit
• Secrets and ‘magic words’ for you to find
• Kid Mode, Normal, and Wizard game modes
• High quality orchestral stereo soundtrack
• Custom music support
• 180 degree flip support
• Created by award winning game designer Seth A. Robinson (Legend Of The Red Dragon, Dink Smallwood)
** Youtube video at website below **
What's New in Version 1.05* Fixed crash issue with iOS 5
* Improved task switching support
* Can now disable Shake to Jumble
* Can now disable all audio