Lux DLX 2 Review
- Pass-the-phone multiplayer ability.
- Custom AI levels.
- Custom maps tend to feel extremely unbalanced or ill-considered.
With board games being so popular as game apps for the iPhone, it's not unlikely that a licensed version of the game will eventually appear. If you're a fan that prefers to keep his game pure, you may want to wait for that day, but in the meanwhile Lux DLX is a strong competitor.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Board games are a booming field for game developers on the iPhone and it's easy to see why, with the ability to essentially "pass the phone" between players you eliminate the fuss and hassle of setting up a game with dozens, if not hundreds of pieces. Lux DLX by Sillysoft Games attempts and succeeds at being a clone of the popular board game Risk while saving you from shifting around the extraordinary amount of tokens and dice required for each game.
The game's controls are its only real weak point as players will probably need to zoom in on the map (via a pinch) to accurately select the correct army for movement. It's not uncommon to accidentally drop a new army recruit in to the wrong zone and for those familiar with Risk, that can be a decisive and deadly mistake. All decisions are final, so tap with caution.
Each of the five initial "boards" available for use vary in their layout and feel for gameplay. You will find it somewhat hard to pinpoint all the available zones on boards that aren't based on geography (the lines and art tend to be confusing), so it's worth keeping that in mind when using the ability to download custom maps. For those who are more strategically inclined, you may want to avoid the custom maps due to their inherent lack of play-tested balance.
If you're a fan of Risk and similar strategy board games you'll find Lux DLX to be the perfect pocket companion.
DescriptionLux DLX is an epic game of risk, strategy, global conquest, and world domination!
Features: challenging AI, over 100 maps, universal app, hotseat multi-player, and many other options!
100+ Maps include:
- Australia Mini
- Brasil Mini
- British Isles Mini
- Canada Mini
- China Mini
- Earth vs Mars
- Europe Mini
- France Mini
- Germany Mini
- Italy Mini
- Japan mini
- USA mini
- 100 more for no extra charge!
HD maps designed to fit tablet screens include:
- Canada HD
- Franco-Prussian War HD
- King Arthur
- Napoleonic Wars HD
- Silicon Valley HD
- Spanish Civil War HD
- Vietnam War HD
- WWII Battles series
- and more!
No hidden download fees, everything is included in the single purchase.
Warning: this game has serious replay value!
Version 3 features:
- Quick-buttons for Auto-Advance and All-In-Attack modes.
- Enhanced OpenGL graphics engine.
- Supports widescreen iphones.
- More maps!
Version 2 features:
- Extra hard Reaper AI.
- Game menu.
- iPad full-screen support.
- Download multiple maps at once.
- Hotseat multi-player improvements.
- More maps!
Tips to Win:
- attack with 3 or more armies for best odds
- take over 1 enemy country per turn for a card
- fully eliminate an enemy and you get their cards
Try out our other game Lux Touch for free.
Lux DLX is a mobile version of Lux Delux,
available for desktops and laptops.
Wage a virtual war and conquer the world.
Roll the dice, take a risk and win!
"Because taking over the world is fun!"
What's New in Version 3.11• Biohazard game option nukes out random countries for a different version of the map each game!
• Added game option to Stretch Maps to Fit the screen
• Reaper AI initial country selection bugfix
• Improved display of very large armies
• Optimized for iOS 10 and modern devices
• fix initial zoomed-in bug
• higher resolution graphics for all default iphone maps
• properly recognize plus sized devices as phones, not tablets