Lux DLX 2 Review
- Pass-the-phone multiplayer ability.
- Custom AI levels.
- Custom maps tend to feel extremely unbalanced or ill-considered.
With board games being so popular as game apps for the iPhone, it's not unlikely that a licensed version of the game will eventually appear. If you're a fan that prefers to keep his game pure, you may want to wait for that day, but in the meanwhile Lux DLX is a strong competitor.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Board games are a booming field for game developers on the iPhone and it's easy to see why, with the ability to essentially "pass the phone" between players you eliminate the fuss and hassle of setting up a game with dozens, if not hundreds of pieces. Lux DLX by Sillysoft Games attempts and succeeds at being a clone of the popular board game Risk while saving you from shifting around the extraordinary amount of tokens and dice required for each game.
The game's controls are its only real weak point as players will probably need to zoom in on the map (via a pinch) to accurately select the correct army for movement. It's not uncommon to accidentally drop a new army recruit in to the wrong zone and for those familiar with Risk, that can be a decisive and deadly mistake. All decisions are final, so tap with caution.
Each of the five initial "boards" available for use vary in their layout and feel for gameplay. You will find it somewhat hard to pinpoint all the available zones on boards that aren't based on geography (the lines and art tend to be confusing), so it's worth keeping that in mind when using the ability to download custom maps. For those who are more strategically inclined, you may want to avoid the custom maps due to their inherent lack of play-tested balance.
If you're a fan of Risk and similar strategy board games you'll find Lux DLX to be the perfect pocket companion.
DescriptionLux DLX is an epic game of strategy, risk, conquest, and world domination!
Features: challenging AI, over 100 maps, universal app, hotseat, and many other options!
100+ Maps include:
- Australia Mini
- British Isles Mini
- Canada Mini
- Earth vs Mars
- Europe mini
- Italy Mini
- Japan mini
- USA mini
- 100 more for no extra charge!
No hidden download fees, everything is included in the single purchase.
Warning: this game has serious replay value!
Update 3.0 features:
- Quick-buttons for Auto-Advance and All-In-Attack modes.
- OpenGL graphics engine for faster animations.
- Supports widescreen iphones.
Update 2.0 features:
- Extra hard Reaper AI.
- Game menu.
- iPad full-screen support.
- Download multiple maps at once.
- Hotseat multi-player improvements.
Update 1.1 features:
- Faster speed.
- Fixes and tweaks.
- More maps.
Try out our other games Lux Touch and Lux USA for free.
Lux DLX is a mobile version of Lux Delux,
available for desktops and laptops.
Wage a virtual war and conquer the world.
Roll the dice and win!
"Because taking over the world is fun!"
What's New in Version 126.96.36.199.2 updates:
- Fixes the fortify stall bug.
- Cards mode tells you the upcoming cash values.
- Better zooming.
- Stability improvements.
- Improved battery life (for even longer battery life, turn down your screen brightness).
- Sound effects and background music co-exist.
- Human players can cash multiple card sets when they have lots of cards.
- Faster animations!
- Quick-buttons for Auto-Advance and All-Attack modes.
- Larger iphone5 screen size supported.
- More maps use Retina quality graphics.