2XL Supercross Review
- Game offers high quality graphics and great range of control systems.
- This game does not offer multiplayer capabilities.
Although Supercross has many positive attributes, it's in a rather high price bracket. This, combined with the lack of multiplayer might put people off this game but this reviewer definitely enjoyed playing it.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Supercross is a motocross game for the iphone and ipod touch. You race against competitors in order to unlock new levels. With each new level the difficulty is increased and it becomes that much harder to earn the gold medal.
The menu is simple and easy to navigate. You can customize your own profile, your bike or even your character's clothing. The default controls require you to tilt the phone to execute turns however there are several different systems to choose from in the menu, allowing each user to pick the controls that work best for them. Each control system has its perks. During the game play you have the option to change the perspective of your character, giving the player a view from behind the handlebars. This changes control sensitivity dramatically, but the player has the option to customize the sensitivity in the menu.
The graphics are very high quality and you get that clean smooth gameplay that we have come to expect and enjoy from other 2XL games. While the single player mode in this game is great fun, there is no multiplayer ability and you are unable to play your ipod during gameplay. This does distract a little from what is otherwise an excellent game.
Almost every aspect of this game is well designed and it has a good flow that keeps the player engaged. If you are looking for a fun motocross game for your iphone or ipod touch than be sure to check Supercross out.
DescriptionBury the competition as you ride like a pro! Discover secret jump combinations within each track as you master the physics of motocross in this high-speed racing adventure.
“2XL Supercross” is an all-new offroad racing experience from the creative team that brought you such popular hits as: Motocross Madness, ATV Offroad Fury and MX Unleashed.
This rhythm-based racing game is easy to pick up and play, but its ever-increasing challenges will keep you in the zone for hours. Blitz your way through carefully crafted doubles, triples and treacherous whoops on custom tracks designed by Motocross champion Stephane Roncada.
You won’t believe what you’re playing in the palm of your hand! “2XL Supercross” features liquid-color graphics, fully interactive 3D physics, surround sound, authentic engine recordings, particle effects, projected shadows and lighting.
Create an account on the 2XL Live server and see how your times rank world wide! Share your game with friends by creating up to five independent profiles on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
See the trailer at: www.2xlgames.com/supercross
- Supercross and Freestyle tracks designed by Motocross champion Stephane Roncada
- 3 modes of play: Time Trials, Practice and Racing
- Ride 125cc, 250cc and 450cc bikes
- Select your appearance from hundreds of different bike and rider combinations
- Automatically adjusts number of opponents for optimal performance on your device
- 4 camera views including first person with handle bars
- Select from 8 preset control schemes
- Responsive tilt steering interface with tunable sensitivities
- Adjustable level of difficulty
- Statistics tracking with web-based community and rankings
- Comprehensive in game help
Also available from 2XL: 2XL ATV Offroad, 2XL Fleet Defense.