- Haunting, lonely atmosphere.
- Lots of weaponry to choose from.
- Main game acts more like an extended tutorial.
Similar in vein to games like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil, Aftermath makes you fragile in a deadly world of zombies and keeps the atmosphere tense from beginning to end.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
If you want to take a more artsy view on 'zombies' in media, you could say that they've been used to represent everything from "man's inhumanity to man" to "convenient comedy sidekick". Aftermath by TwoHeads isn't your average twin-stick zombie shooter, it's almost art. Despite being so short, it's an atmospheric experience that'll remind you just why zombies are so scary.
The missions follow a tiny story arc that about your survivor's attempts to navigate through and eventually escape a suburban hell-hole. Twin sticks are used to control your survivor, with one stick to control forward/back and side-to-side movement, while the other turns him around. As a result your survivor is more agile and free to automatically fire at anything that crosses his flashlight's range. Weapon swapping and reloading require touch menus and can lead to some annoying deaths as you frantically scrabble for a new weapon while fighting a horde.
Aftermath strips back its graphics to the bone while retaining an aesthetic charm. The 3D environment uses low polygon models, but clever use of lighting and a sound-scape that ranges from haunting to frightening shows that it's not always about high resolution graphics.
Regrettably the experience is so short, though the last couple levels can prove challenging and a survival mode is available. For any action fans after more than just another gib-fest Aftermath is well worth your time to try.
DescriptionAlone in a dark, infested city - use your flashlight, guns and grenades to survive the night and destroy the rotting hordes.
Previously #1 FREE APP in US and Italy.
Universal and iPhone 5 version coming soon!
"If you're looking for an atmospheric zombie shooter, this one's an easy recommendation." - Touch Arcade
"Aftermath isn't your average twin-stick zombie shooter, it's almost art." - App Spy
* Massive new update with Retina graphics and new levels to explore the expanded city!
* Fight through the zombie horde while taking care of cunning Spewers, bullish Screamers and lumbering Fatties.
* Relive the trials and near-escapes of the night as you progress through the story mode.
* Infinite replayability with score-attack challenge levels.
* Illuminate your surroundings with advanced real-time lighting.
* Unique intelligent control system designed specifically for iOS devices. Light up your enemies to shoot and choose how to use your grenades wisely.
* OpenFeint Enabled - Replay any level to better your score and compete against players around the world.
* Play with headphones to fully experience atmospheric 3D audio.