Team Awesome Review
- Lot's of enjoyable animations and camera angles.
- Missions are fairly easy to complete.
- High emphasis on unlocks and coins.
Team Awesome is an endless runner broken up into small levels, with easily achievable goals, but the ever looming presence of the store degrades the experience somewhat.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
A mysterious meteor has crashed into the planet, spraying forth red and blue crystals everywhere. Four unsuspecting wage slaves have been affected by these crystals, granting them super powers and the ability to form a group called Team Awesome. As impressive as that sounds, the rest of the experience is grinding through repetitive levels to gain enough coins to unlock the next level, only to do the whole thing all over again.
But at least the controls are based around one touch gameplay! Touching the screen will engage your character's power of flight which will lift them off the ground towards the sky. The power of flight is sometimes hampered by low ceilings, but once out in the open, you can glide along to your heart's content, especially when there are steam vents to launch you in the stratosphere. Each level is an endless runner, granting you three missions which upon completion should net you enough experience and/or coins to unlock the next level. The missions themselves are pretty easy to complete, and shouldn't take more than a couple tries, but having to actually unlock each new level rather than just being able to play through the game is a curious design decision and one that impacts the experience negatively.
The actual running and flying portion is based around energy. Your energy gauge will constantly deplete, and you have to keep collecting blue crystals to keep it going, all the while collecting coins and attacking evil-doers. Once that energy runs out, play time is over. Completing missions also allows you to level up your character, and your super powers can be upgraded in the shop.
The visuals combined with the game's sense of humor do a lot to give Team Awesome a lighthearted feel. The animations of your character running, jumping, and smashing through walls are great, and the cinematic camera really lends itself to placing you in the action.
It's just a shame that so much of this game is centered around in game currency, and the omnipresent presence of the store. You even get coins for logging in daily, bringing back bad memories of the worst of the freemium movement. Team Awesome has some inventive design and great presentation, but the unlock focused design is going to turn a lot of players away... possibly to something less awesome.
DescriptionGET AWESOME WITH TEAM AWESOME!! Featuring 150 crazy missions, 50 action-packed episodes and in-game narration by videogame voice legend Jon St John!!
They were just four ordinary people, stuck in four dead-end jobs - until one day a mysterious meteor crashed to earth and made everything... AWESOME! Get ready for the explosive new side-scrolling arcade game from the Edis Brothers… Team Awesome! It's the game with everything:
Aliens, robots, explosions, cats, trains, trucks, and shiny gold coins... lots of shiny gold coins! More cats, hover cars, hover boards, fruit bowls, brick walls, wrecking balls, a crazy dentist, soccer games and coffee? Giant toxic spiders, fires, cross dressing, break dancing, pizzas, donuts, guys in giant toilets, pool toys, ufos, and even more cats!
…oh, and one dog.
Get Awesome with Team Awesome!!!
- 150 goals/missions
- 50 episodes
- 6 upgradeable power-ups
- 4 awesome heroes, each with their own special ability & backstory
- 4 Super-villains to defeat
- Destructible environments and objects
- Simple one-touch controls
- Combine objects for multi-stage missions, e.g. smash bank robbers and return the money to the bank
- Cinematic cameras - looks like an action movie!
- Wacky humor and hidden surprises
- Quick fix, bite-sized gaming
- Universal for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Narration by videogame voice legend Jon St John!!
More episodes and missions to come in future free updates.
Well, what are you waiting for? Time to get Awesome!!
Other Ezone.com games you might like: Snow Spin, Zombie Jetpack, Crazy Snowboard, Diversion, Turkey Blast: Reloaded.
What's New in Version 2.0- 10 new levels including the hardest boss level yet!
- Compete with your friends on 5 Global Leaderboards
- Unlock 75 Achievements
- New (even more!) awesomer win sequence
- 50 Hidden collectables (eg goofy googles, poodle pompadour, IMAUFO)
- All new HD Graphics
- New ways to earn Can-O-Awesome
- Gameplay improvements (esp Awesomobile)
- Adjusted/tweaked difficulty of all levels
- Better rewards for daily bonus
- Epic new cinematic soundtrack