X Games SnoCross Review
- Beautiful visuals.
- Controls well.
- Can be boring during races.
- Minimal sound.
This is the best snocross game on the iphone. Not a huge market, but if you enjoy trick racing on snowmobiles, give this a crack.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Snocross is what you get when you combine snowmobiles and motorcross. It's a high adrenaline sport with plenty of jumps to show off tricks, and it makes a good idea for a videogame. X Games Snocross by ESPN lets you take control of medalists Levi Lavallee or Heath Frisby as you race around tracks, zoom off jumps and try and performs as many tricks as possible before landing again.
Control is tilt based. Tilting left and right steers the snowmobile while the buttons accelerate or put your driver in a spring position. Upon driving off a jump, buttons on the side will perform tricks, and with enough air, you can tilt the iphone back to perform a flip. The controls all work very well but at least on the amatuer difficulty, it's far too easy to lead the pack, and even when you botch a jump, you're still way out in front. It gets lonely.
Visually the game is of a very high quality with excellent lighting, and smooth animation. The sound effects are rather sparse, with just the putting of your engine to get you by in most races, but you can listen to your own music in game. Aside from the career mode, there's a freestyle mode with a trick scoring system and multiplayer over wifi or bluetooth.
X Games Snocross is a game for enthusiasts of extreme games and snocross. It controls well, and looks fantastic, but might not be exciting enough to entice most racing or trick racing fans.
DescriptionIn celebration of 15 years of Winter X Games, we’ve dropped the price of X Games SnoCross to $0.99.
Pull double back flips all day long for under a buck. And don’t forget to watch Winter X Games 15 on ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPN3.com / ESPN3D January 27 – 30.
Catch some big air, show off your best tricks, and wear your medals proudly. Whether you’re an amateur or on par with Winter X Games medalists Levi LaVallee and Heath Frisby, ride and compete on courses based on the Winter X Games 14 ScoCross and freestyle competitions.
* 6 SnoCross race tracks and 2 freestyle tracks, including daytime and night events
* Customize your sled and rider or play as Winter X Games medalists Levi LaVallee and Heath Frisby
* X Games Championship career events
* Freestyle mode with competitive scoring system
* 5 player Wi-Fi and 2 player Bluetooth multiplayer
* Multiple camera views
* Various levels of difficulty
* 8 preset control schemes including Responsive Tilt Steering
* Easy to pick up and play with innovative Steer Assist
* Listen to your own music in game
* ESPN BottomLine featuring X Games and sports news
* Graphics based on the Winter X Games broadcasts on ESPN
Watch the game trailer at www.2xlgames.com/snocross and view profile statistics and leaderboards at live.2xlgames.com.
What's New in Version 1.01-UI Optimization