Gundead Defense Review
- Introduction of multiplayer into the tower defense genre.
- Visuals are low res and bland.
Tower defense and multiplayer for free, nuff said.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Tower defense games are a dime a dozen on the iphone. If you're going to be taken seriously you need to be offering something special. Well how about multiplayer? Gundead Defense is a solid tower defense game that offers a multiplayer scenario to the genre that works surprisingly well. A young man named Cubby runs off to join his uncle and a gang of bank robbers to make some money, but what they didn't count on was zombies!
Like all tower defense games, control is a tap away. Drag units onto the field to place them, tap them to either upgrade or sell. After the introductory campaign level, the gamplay turns to the multiplayer mode against the computer where you choose which units to send out to your enemy, and then start the round, trying to defend your own base. This method works very well, and a heated game can ensue via wifi or pass and play.
The graphics work for the game, and that's about all you can say, although some of the character designs are interesting. The sound effects and music are decent, reinforcing the wild west theme of the game. The main campaign only has seven levels, but the story is decent, and then there's multiplayer. The game is currently free, with DLC ingame for more maps, and the ability to play as the zombies in a new campaign and multiplayer.
Gundead Defense is for those tower defense fans who are looking for something a little different. The campaign is solid, albeit short, but the multiplayer adds a whole new dimension to the genre. Since the game is free, if you enjoy the genre, this is worth the download.
DescriptionGUNDEAD DEFENSE - Wild West Zombie Tower Defense
The ONLY MULTIPLAYER Tower Defense Game for the iPhone and iPod touch.
1885. A zombie outbreak is ravaging the Western Frontier. Death is everywhere, but there's plenty of money to steal if you can get to it alive.
Take charge of a gang of outlaws looking to pull a legendary heist in the middle of zombie country.
A NEW TYPE OF TOWER DEFENSE GAMEPLAY
Not only DEFEND your stronghold, but for the first time ever order your henchmen to ATTACK the zombie base!
PLAN YOUR ATTACK!
- Order henchmen into battle, ranging from speedy scouts to slow burly brawlers.
- Time the waves of your attacks to exploit weaknesses in the zombie defenses.
- Strategically spend funds to boost your men's Speed, Health, and Resistance for the perfect assault.
DEFEND YOUR STRONGHOLD!
- Command a posse armed with Six Shooters, Shotguns, Molotov Cocktails, and Gatling Guns to make a stand against those brain-thirsty zombies!
- Upgrade your weapons to inflict even more damage with devastating special attacks.
- Two modes to square off against you friends:
- Head to Head: Play against your friends wirelessly
- Hotseat: Pass and play on a single iPhone or iPod touch
CLASSIC FEATURES [FREE]
- Quickplay Mode throws you right in the middle of the action!
- Campaign Mode takes you along on a bank heist to hell and back!
- Multiplayer immediately available.
- 7 different maps.
- An edgy art style that soaks the Classic Western in the gore of Zombie Horror.
- Original soundtrack written & performed by the band Tomcat Combat.
ZOMBIE IN-GAME EXPANSION [$0.99]
- Play as the Zombies! New powers! New strategies!
- 7 additional maps!
- Lead a zombie hoard of Biters, Screamers, Hurlers, and Swarmers to MORE BRAINS!
- Campaign Mode features a storyline from the Zombie perspective!
- Zombie faction unlocked in Multiplayer.