- A good choice of maps to play through.
- Players are able to use their iPod and make playlists during gameplay.
- Great game concept.
- Gameplay is very repetitive.
- The controls aren’t as smooth as you’d like.
- The targets often require a bullseye to be destroyed, which is hard to do all the time.
While iBomber offers a fair amount of content, the gameplay itself never changes and may become a bit stale after a while. This game may be worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
iBomber is an action game where players take control of a 1942 bomber plane and must fulfil various war missions. You will be given different objectives and targets in each level and it is up to you to fly over and drop bombs in order to destroy them.
You control your bomber plane by tilting the iPhone up and down to adjust speed and side to side to steer. Players drop bombs by pressing the ‘Bombs Away’ button and aim using the on screen reticle. There are number of different power-ups players can collect, most of which are more explosive or damaging bombs.
The visuals are quite smooth and appealing. The sound is diverse and the game also allows you to create your own custom iPod playlist. The game is single player only and features one main mode. But there are no leaderboard or highscore options currently available.
iBomber is a game that has a great concept, but some average gameplay. It’s certainly fun to blow things up in a 1940’s bomber plane, but getting to that point takes time and constant adjustment to nail that perfect shot. But there is still some fun content here and worth a look at if you like explosions.
Description★ Visit iBomberHQ.com for all your hints & tips.
The #1 Smash Hit game. Played and enjoyed by million's of people.
● CasualGaming.biz - Game of the Week.
● Best Games of 2009 on iTunes Rewind.
● EDGE Magazine - The 50 Best Games for iPhone and iPod Touch.
● "Top Pick" in the prestigous O'Reilly Best iPhone Apps book.
What the Rave reviews said,
"Oustanding", 148apps, 5 Stars.
"Lots of stages and objectives. You'll get your money's worth", IGN.
"The game resonates with true craft musically and visually", AppGamer.
"Simple but with depth if you want to do more than complete the mission objectives, iBomber is an enjoyable mix of smooth controls and arcade action", PocketGamer.
iBomber is an amazing, arcade styled bombing game based in the Pacific Ocean in 1943.
You play a young bomber pilot protecting your fleet whilst searching out key enemy targets on land and sea to destroy!
iBomber will immediately transport you into the thick of the action with multiple missions offering a great variety of gameplay, excitement and entertainment.
● 26 action packed missions.
● Super smooth game-play.
● Amazingly detailed graphics.
● Multiple bomb types and pick-ups.
● Amazing audio and 3D spatial sound.
● The satisfaction of blowing everything up!
● Now with In-App-Purchase Content.
See iBomber and other great Cobra games in action at - www.youtube.com/cobimobi
Follow Cobra Mobile on Twitter @cobramobile
Check out Cobra Mobile's other fantastic iOS games including, iBomber 2, iBomber Defense, iBomber Defense Pacific, Numba, Storm in a Teacup, Powerslide Penguin, Mouse About and many more.
"iBomber®" is a registered trade mark and brand name of Cobra Mobile Limited.
What's New in Version 1.8Hi folks, here's what's new in the latest update of:
● 2 New Maps for Mission Pack 1
- Blitzer Reef
- Fort Kematian
Thanks for playing iBomber.
Find/Follow & Like us on Facebook - cobramobile and on Twitter - @cobramobile