Sentinel 2: Earth Defense Review
- Some very detailed and well done visuals.
- The controls are simple and easy to use.
- Game instructions are a bit brief and can confuse new players.
- There are some definite difficulty wall issues.
- Nothing especially new on offer; the game sticks to the basic tower defence formula.
The game isn’t bad; it’s just not one of the better tower defence games and may not be worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Sentinel 2 is a tower defence game in which players must stop a large alien force from taking over the planet Earth. Like most tower defence games, players must build and upgrade various attack towers in order to kill off the advancing enemy forces.
Like most tower defence games, the controls are pretty straightforward. Players control their tower placement by selecting the type of tower they want to place and drag it onto the map. You can also unleash other powerful attacks, but only once you have enough energy to do so. The game’s controls work well, but the control instructions given to players seem rushed and brief, which will confuse new players.
The visuals look vibrant and are quite detailed. The sound is immersive and has a fun sci-fi feel, but players can choose to listen to their iPod during gameplay with no loss of sound effects. The game is single player, but scores can be submitted to a leaderboard and players can access OpenFeint to check your friend’s scores and other player stats.
Sentinel 2 – Earth Defence is a solid tower defence game, but there are some drawbacks. There is a huge difficulty wall shortly into the game that will hinder gameplay severely. And while tower defence games pride themselves on being hard; hard doesn’t mean impossible. Besides that, the battles themselves can become a bit boring after a while. So while this is a good play for fans of the tower defence genre, there isn’t enough new or enjoyable content here to keep you satisfied.
Description***** Sentinel 4: Dark Star is now available! Get the series' latest epic installment here on the App Store! *****
It's war, and this time it's too close to home. The Martian mission may be over, but the aliens haven't finished playing space invaders yet.
Extraterrestrial eyes have turned to a new target: they want Earth, and you're the one that has to say 'no'!
Welcome to the future of TD.
Sentinel 2: Earth Defense expands upon the acclaimed gameplay of Sentinel: Mars Defense. The action takes place across varied, lushly rendered Earth environments, and the alien assault force has grown more vicious than ever. Luckily, human turret technology has also advanced, and the ship weapons system provides a spectacular new way to eradicate invaders!
NEW IN SENTINEL 2
• Unleash the Sentinel's incredible ship weapons system - if you've got the power to do so...
• Deploy mobile attack drones to harass the enemy and augment static defenses.
• Construct boosters to buff your offense, and upgrade to top-tier towers for devastating special moves!
• Pit yourself against previously unseen members of the star spawned horde.
• Mission mode provides quick tactical challenges. Beat a scenario to earn achievements!
• High score leaderboards and achievements using GameCenter
• Exclusive new music written by Specimen A
• OS3.0 iPod Music Player (OS3.0 or higher required)
• IAP for more custom maps!
CLASSIC SENTINEL FEATURES
• Specialised structures and units provide unique tactical gameplay.
• Use the landscape and destructible defenses to maximize the effectiveness of your weapons.
• Resource harvesting and interest system adds a new dimension of risk and reward.
• Assault mode provides hours of play; endurance mode is an endless challenge.
• Visually stunning environments, towers and enemies with fluid zooming and scrolling.
148Apps.com - INCREDIBLE
"A combination of fantastic graphics and multi-layered complex gameplay make Sentinel 2 the best tower defense game on the App Store."
Appversity.com - EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD
"one of the highest quality games you’ll find on the App Store"
"If you're into tower defense games, both Sentinel and Sentinel 2 are games you should already own."
Pocketgamer.co.uk - SILVER AWARD
"great value", "a fun, immensely playable game"
** Sentinel: Mars Defense features in Apple's App Store Turns 1 top games list!
** Dominate the universe with Space Station: Frontier! **
** Take the fight to the enemy in Sentinel 3: Homeworld! **
** Look out for Sentinel 4: Dark Star **
What's New in Version 2.0.0- GameCenter added for leaderboards & achievements. This replaces OpenFeint (removed due to the service stopping)
- iOS 6 compatibility
- We hope you enjoy the Sentinel series as much as we enjoy making them. If you haven't already, check out Sentinel 3: Homeworld and coming in 2013 - Sentinel 4: Dark Star!