- Players can see their skyscrapers in the city once they have completed them.
- The building designs and visuals are very detailed.
- Players are able to resume their game from when the leave the application.
- The gameplay can be a tad repetitive.
- The concept isn’t the most exciting one available.
- The game’s sound seems a little out of place and players cannot use their iPod instead.
Unless you like this style of game, there isn’t too much to gain from playing SkyScrapers and it might not be a worthwhile purchase.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Like Building Build, SkyScrapers is the next addition to the reflex based tower creation genre. Players must build a series of sky scrapers in order to fill an empty cityscape by lining up a scrolling level of the building on top of the lower level. As the tower increases in size so does the speed of which the level scrolls, making for some challenging gameplay.
Players place the levels once lined up by tapping on the iPhone screen. The levels must be placed within the blueprints of the building and players will lose on of their three lives if they miss their mark. The controls are easy and players of any level to access the game.
Skyworks has spared no expense in regards to the game’s visuals, as they are very sharp and precise. The same cannot be said about the sound however, as the transitions seem a little choppy and the glorious ‘Hallelujah’ at the end of each level is an odd inclusion to this type of game. Players have the option to play through the games campaign or a quick level if they want an instant game.
Despite being designed by acclaimed Activision designer Garry Kitchen, the game isn’t quite as enjoyable as it should be. From a design view point the game is very strong and well developed but in terms of gameplay, how much of a draw is the idea of lining up levels of a building? It seems to needs a quirky twist or two to make it a desirable title. But if you are a budding architect or enjoy games like Building Build then you might enjoy SkyScrapers.
“Skyscrapers is an addictive puzzle that can keep you entertained... It’s very easy to get a handle on and is very well designed. Ratings: 8.6 out of 10”
From SKYWORKS®, creators of the best quality and most fun sports and arcade games on the iPhone/iPod touch, comes one of our most addictive puzzle games ever, SKYSCRAPERS™!
In this action puzzle game, players build Skyscrapers from the bottom up by aligning the buildings’ floors as they slide across the screen. The higher up you go, the faster the new floors come in. Bonuses are awarded for how accurate your timing is and how fast you complete the floors. The buildings may start small but in the higher levels they are soaring majestic Skyscrapers. Each time you complete a building it gets added to your “Cityscape View” that displays your progress as you try to complete the dramatic Skyline.
SKYSCRAPERS combines incredible architecture with unique fast-action game play to create one of our most addictive SKYWORKS title yet.
Other great features:
- CAREER MODE: Play through multiple buildings of increasing height and difficulty
- QUICK PLAY MODE: Allows you to select and play the individual buildings you’ve completed in Career Mode
- CITYSCAPE VIEW: Displays your city skyline featuring the buildings you’ve completed
- SOUND and MUSIC volume controls
- LOCAL HIGH SCORE BOARD
- GLOBAL HIGH SCORE BOARD: compete against builders from all around the world
After you play SKYSCRAPERS, try other top selling SKYWORKS arcade-style games like WORLD CUP PING PONG™, ARCADE BOWLING™ and BOARDWALK GAMES™, or puzzle/strategy games like MENTAL BLOCKS®. Or, just search for “SKYWORKS” in the App Store search bar to find your favorite games, and have fun!
Look for more new games from Skyworks COMING SOON!
Skyworks – Find YOUR Game!