ROCK BAND Review
- The same Rock Band gameplay that you know and love on the iPhone.
- Local Wi-fi multiplayer access and Facebook score posting.
- Option to purchase additional songs, on top of the game's existing 15 songs.
- No customisation options available.
- Because of the new format, the instruments aren’t that different from each other; each instrument has four buttons to play with.
If you’re a fan of Rock Band, and can get over the steep current price, then there’s plenty on offer to keep you entertained.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Rock Band is the brand new port of the popular console music and rhythm game of the same name. But if for some reason, you’ve been living under a rock for the past few years, players pick one of 4 available instruments and must hit the dropping notes in time to the music.
For each instrument, players must tap on the correct button as the note drops into place. Players will be able to use overdrive for a double score multiplier by shaking the device. If you’ve played any music or rhythm game before, you’ll know what to expect in the way of controls. The only issue is that because players don’t have the large instrument peripherals of the consoles, each instrument is quite similar to play.
The game is presented in the same visual style as the console versions, using the same screens and menus. The sound features a lot of familiar menu sounds and features about 15 initial songs to play through, with the option to purchase additional songs via the store. Along with the career mode, players can also play multiplayer via Wi-fi connection and can post scores to Facebook.
If you’re a fan of Rock Band, then you’ll want to check out this new port for the iPhone. The gameplay is as you remember it and almost everything you love is still on offer. The game excludes the various customisation options, big rock finishes and large song selection that made the console version so popular. But you will still enjoy what’s on offer and the different play modes available to you.
DescriptionIMPORTANT NOTE: On July 31, our Rock Band games will no longer be available on the App Store, and you won’t be able to purchase songs after that date. For more info, please visit help.ea.com.
JAM-PACKED WITH 32 FREE SONGS! ENJOY A FULL BAND EXPERIENCE ON THE APP STORE! Rock out solo or with friends on guitar, bass, drums, or vocals to tons of rock hits. See why MSNBC said ROCK BAND was “one of the best iPhone and iPod touch games of the year.”
PLAY 32 FREE SONGS ALL 4 WAYS, ANY LEVEL
Dominate the Tour mode to unlock new FREE songs and check out the Music Store for additional FREE downloads.
Your FREE PLAYLIST includes:
• “Attack” / 30 Seconds To Mars
• “Cherub Rock” / Smashing Pumpkins
• “Everlong” / Foo Fighters
• “Simple Man” / Lynyrd Skynyrd
• “Give It All” / Rise Against
• “Move Along” / All-American Rejects
• “All The Small Things” / Blink-182
• “Take The Money and Run” / Steve Miller Band
• “Girl’s Not Grey / AFI
• “Bad Reputation” / Joan Jett
• “Bad to The Bone” / George Thorogood & the Destroyers
• “Learn To Fly” / Foo Fighters
• “Ace of Spades '08” / Motörhead
• “Hanging on the Telephone” / Blondie
• “Hymn 43” / Jethro Tull
• “We Got The Beat” / Go-Go’s
• …and MORE!
TAKE IT TO THE TOP & EARN THE PERKS
Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom. Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans.
JAM ALONE OR WITH FRIENDS
Go solo, or push it to the limit with friends via Facebook with up to 4 band mates. Play live over Bluetooth and deploy overdrive to save friends and hear when band members miss notes.
CHECK OUT ROCK BAND RELOADED
Rock even harder with the ALL-NEW ROCK BAND RELOADED - also available on the App Store! In this version, play even more free songs, sing your way to the top with exclusive vocal recognition, and challenge friends’ top scores via Facebook. Just search “Rock Band Reloaded” to find it.
What's New in Version 1.3.54** GAME UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE! **
Download NOW for the best ROCK BAND experience yet. Improvements, additions, and optimizations include:
• Fast App Switching (for devices running iOS 4 or higher) – Now get in and out of games faster than ever
• Enhanced Performance – We’ve fixed the “low memory” error and made some behind-the-scenes bug fixes for more optimal stability
As always, thanks for playing. Now, keep on a-rockin’!