Touch KO Review
- Detailed and well presented visuals.
- Good sound effects and custom soundtrack options.
- Controls can be slow to register and a little unresponsive.
- Enemy AI and career mode is almost too easy.
- No multiplayer options besides leaderboards.
Touch KO is an enjoyable punch-fest if that’s what you’re after, but not much else besides that. This game is not worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Touch KO is a boxing game that puts players in the gloves of an amateur boxer as you fight your way up the ranks towards a title belt. As you play through the career mode, you can train your fighter and customise his appearance, gear and stats in order to become the next dominant champion.
The game controls use both sides of the screen as punch buttons. Tap the screen to jab, flick inwards to hook and flick upwards to uppercut. These controls are simple for a boxing game and they do work. But sometimes punches and blocks seem slow to register, leaving play a little stinted. Movement is automatic, and so all the player needs to focus on is blocking, dodging and throwing punches in combinations for the win.
The visuals are well presented; any and all adjustments to your fighter can be seen clearly. The game’s soundtrack consists of a few songs, but players have the option to import songs from their iPod and make a custom playlist. There are no local or online multiplayer options, but players are able to post knock out scores to the worldwide leaderboard.
All in all, Touch KO is almost a little too simple. Fights seem too easy to win via KO or TKO and the controls are a little slow and sometimes unresponsive. These issues ultimately leave players with an enjoyable button mashing experience, but no real reason to come back for Round 2 or 3.
DescriptionYou are a rising star about to take on contenders from around the world. Do you have the drive to make it to the top? Use your talents, dedication, and sportsmanship to build your own boxing legacy starting from humble beginnings and fight your way up to massive arenas!
- Intuitive control system designed exclusively for the iPhone and iPod touch lets you effortlessly bob and weave while executing attacks with each hand!
- Quick Play game mode with dynamically adjusting difficulty to get your fix on the go!
- Career game mode tracks your progress as you earn cash, fame, and titles!
- Upgrade your stats with different training routines--hit harder, recover quickly, or move faster!
- Character creator lets you fully customize your pugilist's appearance with body, tattoo, and equipment options!
- Fight your way across three unique environments with lively animated crowds!
- Online leaderboards and unlockable achievements powered by optional Blurst account!
- Uses the full power of the Unity 3D engine with detailed 3D graphics, high-resolution textures, motion-captured animations, dynamic lighting, and Ageia PhysX!
- Create your own custom playlists from your iPod using iPhone OS 3.0!
Great for fans of fighting, action, and sports games, as well as players looking to blow off some steam!
-Quadrant-based control scheme for executing crushing body blows!
Developed by Adam Mechtley & Matt Mechtley
Published and distributed by Chillingo Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.1-Pause the game by tapping the timer!
-Tap the screen to skip slow-mo replays!
-Fixed positional audio bug for users wearing headphones!
-Added hard mode with steeper difficulty ramp and new AI!
-Combos are now more powerful!
-Fixes bug that causes southpaw players to crash when knocked out!