- Some great art style and animations used in the game.
- The controls are simple and easy to use.
- The game is still bugged - Once players get a game over, they must exit the application and restart to play again, the main menu will not work.
- There are no local highscore options, let alone leaderboards.
- The gameplay is repetitive and can get a bit boring after a while.
While Underground features some great art design, the core horizontal shooting gameplay is quite dull and makes for some uninspiring gameplay. This game is not worth the steep current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
There aren’t a lot of games about graffiti culture but Undeground manages to present a small insight into this mysterious world, while offering some creative horizontal-shooter gameplay. Based in an underground train station, players take control of a spray can that has transformed into a space ship. You then proceed to fly through the subway, shooting business men, gas masks and other custom art enemies.
Players move the ship by tilting their iPhone around and control the angle of their shots by dragging their finger across the screen. There are a number of spray can bonus weapons you can collect, that will temporarily increase your attack power or rate of fire. While the gameplay itself can be quite challenging, it seems to be too repetitive to be any fun.
The visuals are very stylized and show the distinct style and flare of graffiti artists. The soundtrack features a decent hip-hop track but players may want to use their iPod instead. The game features one main game mode, and while the game uses a highscore system, there are no leaderboards or even a local score listing for players to keep track of results.
There really isn’t enough content available in Underground to make it a desirable title. The gameplay is shallow and lacks any kind of highscore options, leaving players unrewarded and confused as to why they’re playing the game. The art style is great and definitely standout but unfortunately not enough to warrant this as a worthwhile title.
Description75% SALE! Underground is a highly addictive and uniquely styled horror/graffiti themed side scrolling shoot em up!
Take a journey with a graffiti artist through the underground transport system as you battle through his inner demons on a mission to rectify a previous art crime. Fight your way through a series of street art inspired levels and lift the curse that haunts their every move. Unfold the story as you stop at each beautifully 3d rendered station and get closer to the truth behind the myth. Classic 2d side scrolling shoot em up gameplay takes you between the stations and represents the thoughts and anxieties of our cursed artist as they make their way to their final destination.
- Classic 2D side scrolling SHMUP
- Uses the iPhone and iPod touch’s tilt and multi touch controls
- Multi-directional shooting using the touch screen.
- Graffiti Artwork by the successful graffiti artist Frames.
- Immersive and original Hip Hop music score composed by Pp3d.
- Beautifully 3d rendered subway stations.
- Choose your path gameplay.
- 3 Difficulty levels: Easy, Hard and Impossible!
- A mysterious curse to uncover, will you be able to undo what has been done!
- Over 60 different enemies with a vast range of behaviours.
- 11 different weapons.
- Options to set play control and sensitivity.
Underground is developed by Kinelco and published by Chillingo Ltd
What's New in Version 1.11. Crystal integration for leaderboards and achievements.
2. Included Quick Play mode where you can play any unlocked level.