Night Flight Review
- Bombastic and epic soundtrack.
- Dodging homing missiles gives an exhilarating feeling.
- Controls are too loose, making it very easy to bump into things and lose your momentum.
- Performance issues.
Night Flight has a bit of a dark tone for a game about a teddy bear flying in a toy plane to escape the factory he's found himself in. Aviation fun if you can handle the controls.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
A lone teddy bear wakes up in the dark recesses of a toy factory, greeted by the haunting vision of strung up stuffed animals around him. Finding a toy bi-plane, he chooses to fly his way to freedom. Though the game is called Night Flight, we didn't expect it to be so dark.
Flying around the factory is simple in theory, but execution is a tad different. Touching the left side of the screen will turn your aircraft to the left and up, and touching the right side of the screen will turn your craft right and down. These directional changes aren't immediate however your acceleration, along with your speed, play into things as well (the longer you fly unimpeded, the faster you go). Slamming into a wall or the floor will slow you down (and a large impact will destroy your craft, forcing you to restart the level). Speed isn't just for completing the level quickly, but there are barriers that require a minimum level of force to fly through (for example, the orb that holds the remote control that opens up the level exit). Along the way there are stars to collect that keep your fuel topped up, and power-ups such as star magnets, and rocket boosts.
The visuals are quite atmospheric through the use of the lighting. The actual characters are pretty ugly but the colors more than make up for it. The sound design is top notch with a bombastic soundtrack, creating an epic quality for a game about a bear flying a bi-plane.
While the controls are a little fiddly, and it is a little too easy to bump into things, there is a joy with flying around in Night Flight. Dodging seeking missiles adds an exhilaration to the aerial acrobatics, and for those who enjoy flying arcade action, this purchase certainly won't steer you wrong.
Description• "Incredible production values, fantastic level design, and wonderful gameplay along with a great challenge, it’s very easy to recommend this first title from Rebel Twins." -The App Shack
• "What makes Night Flight stand out the most are the impressive graphics. Not only are the graphics well-designed but they are also imaginative. It was like being trapped in a little kid’s nightmare. I loved the style of the game, and I couldn’t get enough of the little teddy bear’s personality" -148Apps
• "Dodging seeking missiles adds an exhilaration to the aerial acrobatics, and for those who enjoy flying arcade action, this purchase certainly won't steer you wrong." -AppSpy
Do you want your freedom back? Speed up, don’t be afraid and let the journey
A little teddy, courageous though not prepared to survive in such a place,
awakes in a large toy factory. It looks like he just realized he's trapped. Be
brave and help him to take flight on his journey to freedom! Collect gold
stars, defeat enemies and discover explosive power-ups!
Keep your eyes wide open and get ready for something amazing!
• Hours of gameplay
• Colorfull 3D graphics
• Intuitive touch controls
• Challenging and varied levels
• Realistic physics
• Non-stop action!
• Online Leaderboards: compare scores with players from around the world
• Facebook and twitter integration
PLEASE NOTE: iPad (1st gen), iPhone 3G, 3GS, and iPod touch 4th gen devices NOT SUPPPORTED.
What's New in Version 1.02- Updated to universal
- Optimizations for iPhone 5 and iPad mini.
- New Icon.
- Bug fixes.