Super Mole Escape Review
- Easy to play and easy to return to.
- Upgrades don't cost a ridiculous amount.
- Controls could be tighter.
Not an endless runner, but an endless tunneler, that has visual appeal plus addictive gameplay coupled with fair prices for upgrades.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
One would think that if you were building a prison to house Moles, you would make certain that the floor was reinforced. Due to this oversight, we have Super Mole Escape, in which you take control of an incarcerated mole fleeing towards freedom, staying one step ahead of Johnny Law, and even worse, streams of molten lava. Along the way you collect gems (obviously to start your new life on the outside) and these ill gotten gains are used to upgrade your mole of choice (each with their own stat variations).
As you burrow, tilting changes your direction from left to right. Digging through soft dirt will make you go faster than the rough dirt, and rocks and other obstacles will impede your progress (although upgrading strength or some of the special gift power-ups that you tap on can help you out with this). Other than that, it's a case of flee, get caught, spend your gems, and try to get a little further.
The presentation is what we've come to expect of Adult Swim, with colorful visuals, and music to groove to as you dig. The versus mode is also a neat addition, allowing you to race a friend or stranger.
Really Super Mole Escape is just kind of there. It's well made and balanced, and is indeed fun, but there's nothing exceptionally memorable and this style of game is now a staple of the app store. Worth a purchase for some fun, but this one is lacking longevity.
Description** Updated 3/7 with iPhone 5 support, new content, new character, new power-up and new Time Trial mode! ** Check What's New for full details!
91 Metascore on Metacritic!
“Once again, Adult Swim delivers with a miniature mobile masterpiece.” -GameTrailers.com
“You won't play a more experimental, risky, fun and flamboyant endless-runner this year.” -Modojo.com
Burrow out of the Big House with power-ups like hammers and rockets, stockpile gems to upgrade abilities (or bribe the judge), and do whatever it takes to stay ahead of the Warden's impressive mustache!
Brought to you by Grumpyface Studios and Adult Swim Games, makers of "Bring Me Sandwiches!!" and "Robot Unicorn Attack".
More praise from the critics:
"Nails every aspect of what a casual mobile game should be." -Touch Arcade
"Looks amazing, plays like a dream, and is sure to remain installed on your iOS device long after its rivals have been consigned into the ether." –Pocket Gamer UK
"It’s extremely addictive, it has a great Game Center multiplayer mode, and it has moles." -148Apps
"Its tilt controls are some of the best I've seen in an endless runner...the graphics are as vibrant and charming as we've grown to expect from an [adult swim]-published game." -Gamezebo
"Oh, Adult Swim, your games are just so addictive." -AppAdvice
- Seven playable prisoners to unlock with unique play-styles and upgrades
- Gain as much CRAZY-FAST SPEED as you can! Find shortcuts, combo speed boosts, and grab power-ups to out-dig that pesky Warden
- Race alone or compete against friends and random opponents in VERSUS MODE
- Randomized tracks and environments provide a unique experience EVERY time you play -- with thousands of combinations!
- Customizable Tilt or Touch controls for precision digging
- GameCenter support for Leaderboards and Achievements
- Universal app works on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Retina-enhanced graphics for the new iPad
- Spin the JUDGMENT WHEEL to change your fate… and earn extra prizes!
- iCade compatibility included
HAVING PROBLEMS? Help us fix any issues you run into while playing - email [email protected] and tell us what you're seeing along with the device/OS version you're on.
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/adultswimgames
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/adultswimgames
Our Website - http://www.games.adultswim.com
What's New in Version 1.1.3- Fixes for Crashing Issue
- Other Under the Hood Fixes
- New Icon!