20Q™ Mind Reader Review
- A simple and fun application bordering on being a toy, but managing to be entertaining beyond its main "20 Questions" gameplay.
- If you're not interested in the extra features you might find the cupboard a little bare.
20Q Mind Reader puts a lot of effort in to making a simple game entertaining for more than a single sitting. You'll be pulled in by curiosity over the mind reader and stay for the puzzle games.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
There's a perverse pleasure to be had in pitting a human mind against a fake one and 20Q Mind Reader by Digital Chocolate takes the classic game of "20 Questions" to the next entertaining level. Users are invited to play against the virtual mind reader while correctly answering its questions, but attempting to stump the AI can be just as fun as playing along.
No virtual mind is bound to be perfect and this one proves to have its weaknesses. The AI was boggled by thinking of a "speed limit sign", though to its credit it did answer with "stop sign" and "licence plate" before giving up. Questions are presented to the player and a simple button menu is presented with answers such as Yes, No, Irrelevant, Maybe, Not Likely, and Close.
For a game based around answering questions with simple responses a lot of effort was spent on the interface itself with its bright and cheerful visuals. Although the music can be monotonous (taking its cues from game-show tunes), you can easily replace it with iTunes tracks. There are some great unlockable features in the game, with a simple multiplayer variation of Wheel of Fortune and a single-player anagram solving game immediately available.
If it wasn't for the extra features it'd be fairly easy to condemn this as a toy app and not a game. However, 20Q Mind Reader is a solid and fun application for those looking to impress their friends or to have a quick competitive game around the coffee table.
DescriptionProbe deep into your mind and challenge your skills to see if you can outsmart the system in 20Q! Yes, we can read your mind…
Check out our latest games:
3D Mini Golf Challenge
Download the Free Version now!
20Q is based on the web phenomena and handheld device with over 60 million games played! Think of something and 20Q can name it. Try it out now!
Play 4 unique game modes that will keep you alert, surprised and craving for more! Test your mental skills by playing Classic 20Q and Anagram Game modes. Play with friends in Guess It mode in pass-n-play style or Who Gets It mode to see who can guess the object first. Dare your friends to take the 20Q challenge and see who can beat the game!
FULL VERSION FEATURES:
• Four addictive and interactive games in one:
(1) Classic 20Q – Capable of guessing just about anything!
(2) Anagram game – Take jumbled letters and make a word out if it based on the clues
(3) Guess It – Pass and play game where you reveal a hidden word letter by letter. The first person to get it correct, wins!
(4) Who Gets It! – One person thinks of an object while others ask 20Q style questions to try and guess the object. The first to guess it, wins!!
• Endless replay value – replay tests to get a higher score and gain gold medals
• Unique iPhone and iPod touch controls -- users can easily tap the device to make decisions
• Real bright and stunning art graphics
• Exciting and fun music!
STILL NOT SURE? Try the Free Version
MORE FUN ON APPLE APP STORE
Check out DChoc’s hottest games: Crazy Penguin Catapult, 3D Rollercoaster Rush, 3D Mini Golf Challenge, Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D, 3D Brick Breaker Revolution and Millionaire City.
FIND DC ON THE WEB
Get updated with Digital Chocolate’s latest product, promos and game tips! Visit us on Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter! Find us FAST by searching for dchoc.
All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
What's New in Version 1.0.5UPDATE
General optimization and bug fixes to improve overall gameplay.