Isotope: A Space Shooter Review
- In-depth unlockables and customizable ships.
- Intense gameplay with unique arena designs.
- Smooth and responsive custom control schemes.
- Better descriptions of upgrades or ships would prevent wasted purchases.
If you haven't already experienced Isotope: A Space Shooter stop hesitating, buy it and thank yourself later for making such an awesome purchase.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Sometimes it's better to be late to the party than to never arrive and Isotope is the kind of twin-stick shooter that you wish you'd discovered earlier. With its rich gameplay and stunning depth of content, it's a wonder this game isn't permanently featured on the App Store.
Out of the box Isotope allows you to tailor the controls to your liking, with responsive tilt and stick controls available for movement; stick and touch based aiming for weapons; and even whether or not these controls are fixed or dynamically move with your thumbs. This makes it incredibly easy to stay focused on the enemies while reclaiming as much of the screen as possible. As you progress your profile earns experience and money to be spent on upgrades for individual ships you own or for modules that can be applied to any ship.
Isotope uses a typical neon-outline approach to all the artwork including the interface, but adds an elegant touch by toning down the face-melting particle explosions used in other games. As enemies die their color will pulsate throughout the background grid. There is a built-in soundtrack, but iTunes is supported for a more robust musical experience for your games.
Once you're done with the campaign, there's even more content to plow through online as you compete in unique levels that periodically update. Isotope is more than just another competent twin-stick shooter, it's a must buy game that just about anyone could enjoy.
Description"Isotope probably has more content than any other shooter and is one of the most addicting iPhone games that I’ve ever played." - 148Apps
"Isotope Lite: A Space Shooter" - A "Must Get" Game" - TouchArcade
"If you haven’t yet, please please please get Isotope" - TouchMyApps
"Isotope is a fully featured, visually stunning twin-stick shooter that blends intense action with a rare depth and complexity." - SlideToPlay
"You should change the name from “Isotope: A Space Shooter” to “Isotope: THE Space Shooter”." - Appversity
Check out our level page for new web levels that you can download and play!
Isotope is a retro arena shooter with RPG elements that add strategy and depth to the game. We have spent a lot of time making sure that Isotope is one of the most intense games on the iphone. Isotope maintains a steady 30 frames per second with hundreds of enemies, bullets and effects on screen. If you enjoy shooters like Geometry Wars or Robotron, check out Isotope!
- Fast and Frenetic gameplay with tons of enemy mobs.
- A Full Campaign Mode with over 30 missions.
- Earn credits from missions and spend them in the store to expand your arsenal of ships, modules, abilities and satellites.
- 40 different ships to purchase and level up.
- Purchase and equip modules to increase your ship's effectiveness.
- Use abilities like mega laser, blackhole and time stop to turn the tide in battle.
- Equip satellites and have them fight by your side.
- Take your leveled-up ship and compete in survival mode with online leaderboards.
- Play the game exactly how you want to play it with 5 different control schemes