Car Mania Review
- A number of game levels, each with different game modes give players a good amount of variety.
- Online leaderboard and achievement tracking via OpenFeint.
- Some nice looking visuals.
- The sound can get a bit annoying.
- The game can be a bit repetitive and some players may lose interest.
If you enjoy games like Harbour Master or Railroad Madness and feel like a change of scenery, then Car Mania may be the way to go. This game is worth the current price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Car Mania is a management style game similar to games like Harbour Master or Railroad Madness. You must direct inner city traffic through various paths to each coloured destination. You increase your score by getting cars safely to their destinations and must try to keep the drivers road rage meter down for as long as possible. If this meter fills up then it’s game over.
You control the flow of cars by tapping on a car to select it and then dragging a path along the screen for them to drive along. Players can also speed up the gameplay by using the fast forward button in the top corner. The controls are easy to use, but if you miss an intersection, the cars will just keep driving, often causing accidents shortly after.
The cartoony visuals make navigation somewhat easier due to the bright colour scheme. The sound is good but can get a bit annoying after a while. Fortunately, players can use their iPod during the game and create custom playlists. The game is single player only, but features a number of different game modes each able to access global leaderboards via OpenFeint.
Car Mania is a game that would appeal to fans of the Harbour Master style, quick management games. The game controls well and is very user friendly, but the gameplay can get very repetitive, especially when you need to grind through levels in order to unlock extra modes. But Car Mania is still a solid title that offers players a decent amount of game content and some frantic and addictive gameplay.
DescriptionOh !*#&! It’s rush hour and tempers are flaring as the city heads towards gridlock.
Take control of the traffic with a touch in Car Mania, a game that’s jammed full of finger-twisting casual action.
Steer the drivers to their destinations while avoiding road rage - or set up a spate of ‘accidents’ that’ll be sure to clear the streets!
• Intuitive controls – draw each vehicles path with your finger; tap to stop and go.
• Keep commuters moving and in one piece – delays and crashes cause the road rage meter to rise!
• Juggle a variety of cars, trucks and motorbikes, each with different speeds and capabilities.
• Watch out for road works or you’ll get in a jam!
• Play across gorgeous maps with distinct layouts and unique challenges.
• Go for the top score in a fast and furious round of Time Attack, or play Survival mode and see how long you can keep the city moving.
• Want to let off some steam? Try Road Rage mode where pile ups mean points. Happy wrecking!
• With online high scores and unlockable achievements using GameCenter, there’s always an excuse for just one more go.
• Ipod Music Library access (for OS3.0+ users only)
Car Mania: addictive pick-up-and-play action that’s sure to drive you round the bend!
"AWESOME FUN ... This is a pick up and play that you won’t be able to put down. I liked it, then I liked it even more! The game starts fantastic and gets better the more you play it!"
"...the train level is ridiculously awesome, and worth the 99 cent price tag alone."
What's New in Version 1.5.0- GameCenter added to replace the outgoing OpenFeint (OpenFeint servers are going offline in December 2012)
- iAds adverts added
- iOS6 Compatibility
- CarMania is now free for all