Cocoto Kart Online Review
- Great online modes and player options, such as Battles and Races.
- A number of different characters and karts to choose from.
- Offline play isn’t as enjoyable as online, computer AI is too hard.
- Some of the control schemes are just awful; like the shake to use weapons option.
- The sound quality is pretty poor, and players cannot use their iPod during gameplay.
If you’re a fan of online gaming and karting, then Cocoto Kart Online will make your day, so long as you don’t mind some tricky controls.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Cocoto Kart Online is the latest in fast paced karting gameplay for the iPhone. Players must race through a series of tracks, collecting power-ups and weapons to use in order to win the race. The game offers two game main modes, online and offline, with a number of individual modes for each play option.
Players control their karts by using the arrow button to hit the gas and tilting the iPhone to steer. This is fine, even if the steering can be a bit over sensitive, but mixing iPhone shaking to fire weapons with the tilt sensitive controls just doesn’t work. Thankfully, players have a number of control options to avoid these bad control schemes.
The game's 3D visuals are well presented but aren’t as quality as some other kart games available. The sound is a bit poor and players must put up with it as they cannot use their iPod during gameplay. The game is designed for online play and while it does offer some offline options, the AI is too hard to be any fun. So your best bet is to go for online with matched players and a enjoyable battle mode.
Cocoto Kart Online is a mixed bag. Certain parts of the game like the online battle modes and races are a ton of fun to play but others like the offline AI races are just frustrating and annoying. It’s not a big deal but it's strange how offline players often aren’t treated as well as online players. So if you want a solid online game, with a lacking offline mode, then Cocoto is worth a look at; especially if you love your kart games.
DescriptionNow with Game Center support - invite your friends to play and enter the leaderboards!
iPhone4 Retina display support - 960x640 pixel graphics and high resolution maps and characters on iPhone4!
Console-quality online kart racing now available for iPhone and iPod touch! Always players online, no waiting time! Play 10 tracks with 12 unique animated drivers, collect crazy bonuses, play the grand prix or challenge players from all over the world in the online battle mode!
After the release of Cocoto Kart Racer for Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii, Cocoto is now coming to iPhone and iPod touch in an exciting kart adventure. Neko Entertainment and Eurocenter teamed up to bring the most console-quality like kart racer to the iPhone and iPod touch. Drive in volcano worlds, in the sky, up in the trees, slide on ice, use turbos, take shortcuts by jumping over platforms. 12 unique drivers are fully animated. The online mode includes multiplayer races and battle mode where you try to shoot the opponents 3 times.
- 10 tracks plus 5 battle mode maps
- 4 difficulty modes including mirror mode
- Unique high quality soundtracks for each world
- More than 100 sound effects including voice acting for the characters
- 12 unique characters and karts with various animations for steering, accelerating, throwing bonuses etc.
- 8 drivers are available at the start, unlock 4 additional characters by winning the grand prix
- Unlock the super kart by winning the gold cup in mirror mode
- Many particle effects for accelerating, steering, sliding, jumping
- Various controls: use tilt with or without auto-steering or console-like controls with digital pad
- Online multiplayer mode with instant-play: always find players, no waiting time, watching running rounds
- Play the 10 tracks plus mirror mode online
- Battle mode: Special online game mode where the goal is to shoot the opponents 3 times - includes arrows for showing where the opponents are, shows the power and status of the other players
- Seamless synchronization with low bandwidth usage, servers in USA, Europe and Asia
- Many bonus items: lava balls are automatically following the opponent, tomatos and slime balls can be dropped on the ground, turbos provide a speed up, use lava to protect and to stop opponents
- Activate items simply by shaking the iPhone or iPod touch, or alternatively tap on the upper part of the screen
- Jump by shaking for using shortcuts
- Update v1.1 brought new control options, improved battle mode, grand prix saving
The game has been featured on Toucharcade, AppBank and SlideToPlay! World-wide featured by Apple.