Metallica Revenge Review
- An extremely solid selection of Metallica songs; ah heck… even St. Anger is fun to play.
- The Extreme mode will have players tapping furiously over and over again.
- Online leaderboard access and highscore posting to Facebook.
- The unlock system is a little annoying; players MUST play extreme mode to unlock Master of Puppets.
- If you’re not a Metallica fan, you might not enjoy the game as much.
- It can be difficult to use your score mulitplier by shaking the iphone when you're trying to tap notes.
Metallica Revenge offers players not only a great soundtrack but some new innovation to the TTR gameplay that fans will embrace.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Yes, to all iPhone Metallica fans out there, your cries have been heard by developer Tapulous, and Metallica Revenge is the latest in the Tap Tap Revenge franchise. The game offers 10 tracks from the Thrash metal legends spanning across their 26 year career and features some intense tapping gameplay that will up the ante to say the least.
Players who are familiar with the series will know what to expect in the way of controls. Players tap the targets at the bottom of the screen as notes fall over the top to the beat of the music. However, what Metallica Revenge brings to the table is the Extreme mode, featuring FIVE tap rails to play through. Take that Lady GaGa!
The visuals are smooth and although there isn’t much going on in the background while you’re playing, chances are you’ll be too busy tapping to notice. The soundtrack selection features a number of classic hits, with the exception of St. Anger; ‘nuff said. The game offers two single player modes with leaderboard access but also a Bluetooth multiplayer battle mode for competitive play.
It’s safe to say that if you are a Metallica fan, you will definitely enjoy this game. The new difficulty suits the music perfectly and will certainly give players a challenge. It’s a bit annoying that you must play through Extreme mode in order to unlock Master of Puppets but this is a worthy challenge to rise to. So if you’re a Metallica fan, then you’ll have No Remorse after purchasing Metallica Revenge.
DescriptionTHE LEGENDS OF ROCK HAVE RETURNED TO GIVE YOU THE MOST PULSE POUNDING, HEAD BANGING IPHONE APP OF 2009. Metallica Revenge will have you rocking out and raising your “horns” in the air with 10 hit tracks, 4 boss tracks, and Battle Mode. This band has sold more platinum, played to more people and inspired more rock acts than any band before it. Experience the legend that is Metallica Revenge.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT .....
“Headbangers will have a reason to steady their gaze a bit starting Tuesday, when rock band Metallica makes its way onto iPhones with a finger-tapping music app called "Tap Tap Revenge: Metallica." - HUFFINGTON POST
“This game is amazing. Well worth the money.”
“Awesome landscape extreme mode. Great songs. Beastly color and graphics. Fun arcade mode with bombs. All fantastic features of the best Tap Tap game ever!”
SOME HUGE GAME FEATURES TOTALLY NEW TO THE TAP TAP REVENGE FAMILY ....
• 10 huge rock mega-hits by Metallica
• 4 boss tracks, with some of the most difficult tapping action ever in Tap Tap Revenge.
• Hard tracks in landscape mode with four rails, and an incredible Extreme mode with tracks in landscape mode with FIVE rails. Another Tap Tap Revenge first!
• Arcade mode, allowing you to test your mettle against weapons thrown at you by the computer.
• Battle mode, so that you can go head to head against your friends on Bluetooth, lobbing weapons at one another to break streak and gain the advantage!
• Four addictive difficulty levels, each with unlockable boss tracks
• Superior stability, blazing performance, a Metallica news feed, and Facebook Connect to flaunt your scores to the World.
SOME OF THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE ROCK SONGS IN THE WORLD FROM THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD ....
• For Whom the Bell Tolls
• King Nothing
• Sad But True
• Some Kind of Monster
• Enter Sandman
• Seek & Destroy
• All Nightmare Long
• Master of Puppets
CHECK OUT OTHER GREAT HITS BY TAPULOUS ....
• Tap Tap Revenge 3: #1, free game on the iPhone
• Tap Tap Dance: Huge dance hits, psychedelic themes
• Lady Gaga Revenge: #1 breakout music hit of 2009. Full album for less than its price in iTunes
• Riddim Ribbon featuring Black Eyed Peas: Several great singles that sold more than any other band in 2009.
What's New in Version 1.1.2- Fix for iOS 6.0 and above
- Bluetooth Battlemode fixed
- General stability and bug fixes