Parking Mania Review
- Good looking cartoony visuals.
- The variation in the vehicles you park is a lot of fun; parking semi-trucks, police cars and minis, not just normal cars.
- Fixed camera angle makes gameplay annoying.
- The steering controls don’t work as well as they should.
- The game length is very short; 40 levels all of which can be finished in under two minutes.
If the appeal of parking cars is far too alluring to pass up, then you might want to try iPark It! instead of Parking Mania.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Parking Mania is a parking simulator game for the iPhone. Players must take control of a number of different vehicles and navigate a parking lot or road side gap in order to park it as fast and neatly as possible. The faster and straighter the park, the more money you will earn.
Players move their vehicles by using the iPhone tilt function to steer and a small throttle lever to control speed. The only problem players might have concerns the steering. The tilt controls are a good idea but it’s often unclear which way to tilt to turn, and no, it isn’t as simple as tilt left to turn left; as the levels change and so does the steering.
The cartoony visuals are well done but the camera remains the same and will get confusing when coupled with the awkward steering controls when trying to navigate a series of sharp turns. The game sound is decent but players may want to use their iPod instead of the odd xylophone filled jazz music. The game features one main mode, and after finishing the 40 levels, players must try to beat their old scores to get a leaderboard ranking.
Parking Mania is a solid attempt at a relatively new genre of games. The only problem here is that the steering and fixed camera angles make gameplay an infuriating experience. This is a problem that another parking game, iPark It!, had but was fixed shortly after its release, something that needs to happen here. So if you want to try your hand at a car parking game, you might want to try a different title.
DescriptionParking Mania is the App Store’s most addictive driving and parking game that puts your spatial awareness and dexterity to the ultimate test!
This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.
Whether you’re behind the wheel of a flash sports car or a cumbersome big-rig, Parking Mania captures that great, ‘easy to learn, hard to master’ gameplay.
Take your pick of three unique play styles – tilt your device, swipe a slider, or use a virtual steering wheel – and test your precision, style, and skill in 195 levels, spanning parking lots, city streets, and highways, as well as day and night cycles.
With hidden areas and pick-ups, Facebook leaderboards and much more, Parking Mania will give you hours upon hours of entertainment. So hold onto your real-life No-Claims Bonus, and channel those insane driving skills into Parking Mania today!
• Addictive ‘easy to learn, hard to master’ gameplay
• 195 levels of parking fun to be had with even more to unlock
• Three control schemes: tilt, swipe, and steering wheel
• 80 vehicles including taxis, sports cars, trucks and more
• Connect to Facebook to post achievements, sync progress across devices and post your best scores to the leaderboard
• Play your own music tracks as well as Parking Mania’s tunes
• Localized in 14 languages: English, French, Portuguese, Chinese, German, Italian, Polish, Brazilian, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Colombian, and Japanese
Terms of Service : http://terms.ea.com/en
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates
What's New in Version 2.5.0Prove you are the KING or QUEEN of PARKING MANIA with new MULTIPLAYER mode.
Go up against other real players of PARKING MANIA as you attempt to park faster than they did. This adds a whole new layer to the game you know and love. Everytime you beat some else’s score you'll get tickets towards unlocking new vehicles. Will you be the most perfect parker on the planet?