Rayman Jungle Run Review
- Sharp, beautiful graphics; borrows directly from Rayman Origins without a loss of quality.
- Deceptive level design; cleverly aims you towards one path while hiding bonuses and obstacles to avoid.
- Plenty of wallpapers to unlock for your iDevice.
- Limited music selection; no real connection to the levels, just randomly played catchy tunes.
- Limited in content and variety; short and sweet, but leaves you wanting for more.
Rayman Jungle Run sidesteps the need to have a 'Rayman Origins' on the iOS platform by retaining the same focused gameplay through simplified controls and devious level design.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
When it comes to the Rayman series, I feel as though it has been a slow-burner - though always fun, the success of its spin-offs has brought the series full-circle and we’re being reminded of what it feels like to play a high-quality platformer. Rayman Jungle Run may strip-out the depth of a regular Rayman game, but what’s left is far from casual in its challenge as you use taps to jump, glide, wall-run and yes, even punch your way through stages.
To reduce the controls to a single tap, the game takes the task of running around the stage away from you. Rayman will barrel-forward at a fast pace, jumping and performing other special moves with the tap of a button. Although you need only reach the end of the stage to move on, wallpapers and (more importantly) teeth can be collected by finding all 100 Lums.
Find at least five teeth in each group of 10 stages and you’ll unlock a bonus hard-mode stage. These play out more like a stage from The Impossible Game, with timing being critical to survival as it throws more than a few curve-balls at you to exploit your expectations.
Ultimately Rayman Jungle Run is a short, but extremely fun platforming challenge. Whether you choose to collect everything or blast your way through the stages, you’re guaranteed a smile or two and a good amount of fist-shaking at the craftiness of the stage designers.
Description**APP STORE BEST OF 2012**
“A marvel to look at” – IGN
“One of the most gorgeous games I’ve seen on iOS” - Gamezbo
“Fast, tense, beautiful” 9/10 - Pocketgamer
- DOES NOT SUPPORT iPHONE 3G or any previous device. -
The legendary platforming hero is making the jump to your favorite iOS device! Rayman Jungle Run is powered by the same UbiArt Framework engine that brought you Rayman Origins - Winner of numerous Game of the Year and Platformer of the Year awards.
- Beautiful graphics supported by Retina Display
- New worlds to discover
- New powers to unlock
- Captivating music
- Smooth touch-based controls
- Exclusive wallpapers to unlock for your device
- Multiple Cloud saves support
- GameCenter Leaderboards
Rayman Jungle Run is easy for all ages to pick up and play, but challenging for the longtime Rayman fans to master. Unlock the Land of the Livid Dead levels if you have the skills!
Stay on top of your game! Get the latest news, deals and more at....
If you have any feedback, please email us at [email protected]