Kosmo Spin Review
- Intuitive controls; challenging to master gameplay.
- Charming graphics and audio design.
- 36 additional quest (tutorial) missions.
- Universal iDevice support.
- Random chance mechanics can quickly end runs; bad ball spawns, bad treat/beam spawns, etc.
- Difficulty curve swings wildly in the quests.
Kosmo Spin is a gorgeous little arcade title with a unique spin that becomes more rewarding as you manage to balance the game's challenges; just don't expect anything more than a short-lived treat.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
By now veteran iDevice gamers have come to expect the odd arcade title (or three or four or a dozen) that offers little more than a simple gameplay concept to tide them over during spare moments of the day. This isn't exactly a bad thing given that you're playing on a mobile device, but even when you're only eating snacks it's easy to fill yourself up. Kosmo Spin by Simogo Handelsbolag fits in to the snack-sized arcade category, though its immensely charming style and challenge based quests to teach you the ropes goes above and beyond most others games of this style.
The gameplay consists of three major components that fight for your attention, distracting you from the hazards that each of the others represent. Your ultimate purpose is to rescue the anthropomorphic breakfast treats that inhabit your planet, preventing them from being sucked up by an alien spacecraft. Swiping the screen will rotate the planet, allowing you to collect the treats in the process. However the alien has a couple tricks up its sleeve, either deploying balls from various sports that need to be bounced off your head or using its beam to suck up the treats or your character. Should you manage to collect 30 treats in a row you'll enter a bonus mode for free points.
36 currently available quests work to teach you the basic mechanics of the game, ranging from simple to insanely challenging tasks, but the end result is a better awareness of how to play the basic arcade game. The graphics and audio are fantastic and it's a treat to hear each character talk with an appropriate accent despite their nonsense language.
If you have room in your belly for yet another snack-sized arcade title, you could do far worse than introducing yourself to the fun world of Kosmo Spin. While it may not prove a long-time companion it's fun while it lasts and a challenging title to master should you jump in to the quests.
DescriptionThroughout the cosmos a distress call is heard...
”HELP US! FOR SOME REASON A FLYING SAUCER IS TRYING TO STEAL OUR BREAKFAST.”
Set out on a not so epic quest to save extra terrestrial muffins, space cups of coffee and alien toasts from the evil invader. Spin the universe at the tip of your fingers to defend your planet from eightballs and watermelons by deflecting them right back in to eternity!
- A one of a kind circular arcade game! Controls so simple your dog could play it!*
- Two different game modes: Beat your own highscore in the endless mode or accept epic quests by weird people you don't know in the quest mode!
- Online leaderboards & achievements on Game Center!
- There's no reason you should pay extra for a few more pixels, so we made Kosmo Spin an Universal App. It's so sharp on iPhone 4 your eyes will split in several parts!
*Dog must have developed fingers to play Kosmo Spin.
What's New in Version 1.4A little something to keep you entertained on a lazy summer day:
- 12 new quests!
- "Space & Breakfast Facts" page with 30 completely untrue statements about cosmos and the most important meal of the day!
Enjoy, and have a lovely summer!