UniWar HD Review
- Four exciting game modes mean you’ll always have someone to play against.
- The game’s easy to learn but hard to master.
- Gameplay can be resumed if players quit the application.
- The game sound seems a little unutilized and there are no iPod access options available.
- Players are limited to play as one of three armies, each with only six unit types available.
- The online mode can be a bit slow or laggy at times.
If you love tactical strategies like Advance Wars, then Uniwar is a great play with enough content to keep you busy for a long time.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Uniwar is a tactical strategy game that has players fighting to eliminate all opposing forces from the game grid to become victorious. Players will need to buy units, plan their attacks and capture bases to effectively win each battle.
Players control their units by tapping on an individual and then tapping on a grid square to move them. Once there, players will have the option to keep their unit there, attack if an enemy is close or capture a base if they are standing on top of one. Players will need to do so for each unit and finally end their turn by pressing the appropriate button. The games introductory levels will help ease you into the commander’s chair.
The game’s visuals look great and the three army types have a lot of distinct and unique features that keep things fresh. The game sound features some nice sound effects but seems a little unused on occasion. There are a ton of gameplay options including single player campaign, versus AI and the real draw-ins, local hot-seat and online match creation.
Uniwar is a great tactical strategy game that fans of Advance Wars or World Wars will enjoy. The game is easy to control but hard to master as games become increasingly difficult as multiple armies make their way onto the battlefield. The game offers a substantial amount of gameplay options and allows players a large amount of freedom when it comes to match making. So if you’re looking for some challenging strategy gameplay then Uniwar is the way to go.
Description4.5 millions of games played and counting.
2011 Best Multiplayer Game Award 2nd place - bestappever.com
The BEST MULTIPLAYER TURN-BASED STRATEGY Game
"...it’s impossible to pass up if you’re even remotely interested in turn based strategy games." - TouchArcade
"...I’m truly in awe of everything that has been captured and neatly packaged in UniWar..." - AppCraver - 10/10
"...It’s probably the best strategy game on the iPhone right now..." - PixelatedGeek
UniWar™ is a classic multiplayer turn-based strategy game with an online community.
Players take turns building their army and fighting against each other. It is like chess with multiple races and boards where terrain affects attack and mobility of units.
- 3 races, each with 8 varied units.
- 10,000+ user created maps to choose from.
- Play up to 20 games at once.
- Team play allows 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.
- Campaign with 21 missions.
- Play modes: Multiplayer online, Vs. AI, Vs. a friend on the same phone (hot seat).
- Worldwide Global Ladder.
- Email or push notifications when it is your turn.
- In-game chat and main chat room.
- 5 landscape themes with fog of war.
- Select a fast or slow turn duration from 3 min to 3 days.
It is a blend between Advance Wars and StarCraft. Also in the same genre as Lux DLX on the iPhone but with a real online multiplayer mode added. Whether you are looking for an RTS or RPG, UniWar will satisfy your needs.
You enjoy multiplayer online games like Rogue Planet or Texas Hold'em? Try UniWar™ and prepare for endless fun...
What's New in Version 1.6.36This version has 2 regressions that we are working on to fix ASAP:
1) on iPad with OS >= 8.x, launching the game in landscape provides wrong orientation
2) Push Notification is not working.
Many bug fixes.
Updated the CHAT & CURRENT GAMES screens.
Improved loading time required to launch the game.
Improved French & Russian support with better fonts & translations.
Removed multiple sizes for in-games tiles until Pinch gesture is ready.