- Original and fresh puzzle game mechanics.
- Players have three modes to play through, each with leaderboard access.
- Players are free to use their iPod during gameplay.
- The game does have a slight learning curve at first; you’ll be able to play but not that well the first few matches.
- There isn’t as much planned strategy as you’d like in the gameplay; you can’t quite plan your move to set off a chain combo.
- The gameplay is a bit slower than some other puzzle games.
Trism might not be a deep thinking puzzle game but it does offer some fresh and satisfying gameplay by way of its unique game mechanics.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Trism is a tile matching game that’s flips the usual puzzle game mechanics around - literally. Players must slide the different rows and columns to make a match of three or more gems. Once this is done, the remaining tiles from that column will slide into the empty gap. The tiles slide depending on the way players hold their iPhone as the game is gravity controlled.
Players use their finger to slide each row around to try and match up tiles. You'll need to watch the small dial on the bottom of the screen telling you the direction that rows will fall. Players will adjust constantly in order to minimise gaps and max out your highscore. As you progress through, you’ll come across bonus tiles that will earn you extra points or hinder your gameplay until you eliminate them from the game.
The game’s presentation is simple but has a colourful palette to catch the player’s eye. The sound is limited to sound effects but players are free to use their iPod during gameplay. The game is single player only but there are three varied game modes to play through; each with online leaderboard access.
If you’re looking for a change from the usual puzzle gameplay, then Trism is a worth a look at. You might not use the gravity mechanics that much at first but you’ll soon appreciate it as it becomes a necessity on harder levels. Overall however, there’s a decent amount of gameplay here, great for killing time but features plenty of room for future improvements.
Description* "Best Casual Game" award from AppStoreApps.com
* 1st on iLounge's "100 Best Apps and Games"
* Gold Award from PocketGamer
* Slide To Play's "Must Have" award
* One of ABC News & WIRED's "10 Most Awesome iPhone Apps of 2008"
* Interactive Achievement Award finalist for "Cellular Game of the Year"
Released on launch day of the AppStore in July 2008, TRISM's legacy is one of indie success. Created by indie developer Steve Demeter, the phenomenal success of TRISM allowed Steve to pursue his dream of game development. Steve's story has been told on Good Morning America, CNN, and The New York Times, and has inspired developers all over the world. Apple has filmed a documentary on Steve and TRISM, and is available at www.apple.com at the start of the iPhone OS 3.0 keynote presentation.
Trism is the first ever Match-3 game to innovate using the iPhone's tilting feature. One of the most popular launch titles on the AppStore, TRISM has inspired countless others. In the spirit of smash hits like Tetris and Bejeweled, discover the next step in casual games: TRISM.
- 5 game modes, including Classic, Timed, and Puzzle
- 22 achievements to collect
- Auto-save when interrupted by a phone call
- Colorblind mode
"Could Trism Make iPhone Gaming Fun?" - KOTAKU
What's New in Version 1.51- Fixed iPad compatibility & other crashes!
- As a special thank you to the fans patiently waiting for this release, all game pieces have been converted to HD!