- Publisher: Revoc Technologies, LLC
- Genre: Entertainment
- Released: 18 Dec, 2009
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Price: $0.99
- Players can use their iPod during gameplay.
- The game’s controls are simple to use.
- Because levels are randomly generated, you’ll get a few unpassable levels.
- The game is quite difficult and might deter some players.
Diaballic may very well be one of those love/hate games that may have you pulling your hair out in frustration or enjoying the steep challenge presented to you.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Diaballic is a quick action platformer where players must try to guide their small bouncing ball as far as possible without hitting any obstacles or falling off the edge of the level. Players must try and max out their highscore by not only travelling a great distance but also by collecting different coloured crystals.
Players control their ball's direction using the two arrows on screen and jump by tapping the other large button. Players will not only need to find a path and avoid all obstacles, but they’ll need to do so before the scrolling screen catches up with them ending the game.
The game’s visuals are basic but look quite smooth. Strangely, there’s no game sound at all but players are free to use their iPod during gameplay. There’s only one main game mode featuring randomly generated levels but players are free to submit their highscores to the global leaderboards after each game.
While Diaballic offers players some interesting platforming gameplay, the game is exceedingly difficult and takes a lot of patience and control to stop yourself from launching your iPhone across the room. However, if you’re one who enjoys a game that will challenge you, then Diaballic might be one to keep an eye out for.
Description"Pure genius, and possibly one of the best side-scrollers I’ve ever had the pleasure to review on the iPhone!" - AppViews.dk Review
A little ball-bearing has never had it so tough...
Your Mission: Collect as many gems as you can and last as long as possible in this action-packed game of survival.
The Complication: Dynamite, laser-beams, and a bottomless pit must be avoided to elude your impending demise. Only the quick will survive...
Diaballic is an endless, side-scrolling action platformer in which you, a metal ball-bearing, must survive as long as possible. Platforms fly in from the right; you must navigate around obstacles and avoid falling to your death. For maximum points, however, collect the precious gems that come your way.
- 4 difficulty levels: (Easy, Medium, Hard, & Diaballic) with faster scrolling-speeds.
- Various kinds of obstacles, gems, and platforms to make you think before you leap.
- Four different power-ups, ranging from a gem magnet to a low-gravity field.
- Controlled, random level design, so no two games are ever alike!
- Both GLOBAL and LOCAL high score lists for each difficulty level so you can compete with your friends.
- Customizable control settings so you have no excuses for lackluster performance!
- Onscreen arrow buttons that you can place on either side of the screen.
- A large "Jump" button. You can "double-jump" by tapping the button twice. (HINT: this ability is your lifeline!).
- Controls have customizable transparency. Want to see the whole screen? Just make them disappear.
Diaballic is both fast-paced and addictive. Games rarely last more than a few minutes, and if they do, you should ramp up the difficulty. Trust us, "Diaballic" difficulty is, well, diabolical. And don't worry, the slow-and-simple "Easy" mode will help beginners conquer the short learning curve.
NOTE: If you are experiencing any lag, try powering off and restarting your iPhone or iPod Touch. This step is often necessary after installing new apps and can make a big performance difference on older devices.
What's New in Version 1.3.1- iOS 5 optimizations
- High score name remembered across sessions