Little Metal Ball Review
- The game is very easy to play and control.
- Players can use their iPod during gameplay.
- There are around 40 different levels to play through.
- There are no online leaderboards to compare to keep track of scores.
- The pixelated graphics are a little disappointing.
- There isn’t much that really makes the game stand out.
While it might not be a revolutionary addition to the ‘ball bearing’ genre, Little Metal Ball offers players some challenging physics based gameplay at a reasonable price.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Little Metal Ball is the latest in ball bearing physics based games for the iPhone. Your goal is much the same as other similar titles, you must roll a small ball around a maze as fast as possible. You’ll lose time if you fall off the edge of a stage but by collecting stars, you’ll gain small amounts of extra time to help you get the best score possible.
Players control their ball by tilting the iPhone around as they would a normal handheld ball bearing game. You’ll also need to tap the screen to jump over gaps, other obstacles and activate switches in later levels. The controls are very simple and responsive, making LMB accessible to players both young and old.
Visually the game runs very smooth but the actual quality of the environments is a tad pixelated. The sound is serene and quite simple but you might want to take advantage of the iPod accessibility to make your own soundtrack. The game offers one main mode with a local best score display for each level but no leaderboards.
Little Metal Ball is an enjoyable and satisfying title that fans of other ball bearing games will love. The game features a decent number of levels that will challenge and test player’s skills and co-ordination. It’s a little disappointing that there are no leaderboards to compare track times with but Little Metal Ball still gives players plenty of room for self improvement.
Description#1 App worldwide --Thanks FAAD! From Debacle Software, creators of the award-winning Pano, comes Little Metal Ball: the ultimate top-down full-tilt platform adventure, designed exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch.
TouchArcade.com: "LMB is good, simple fun, and is great for quick pick-up-and-play sessions... LMB is a great little
game that demands attention."
Lean in and enjoy hours of fun and addictive gameplay through 40 huge, beautifully illustrated, action packed levels. Explore 4 unique worlds, designed to delight and torment.
Race against the clock, shatter your best times, and go for gold, collecting time bonus powerups along the way. Do you have what it takes?
• 40 awesome levels, packed with challenging puzzles, twisted labyrinths and dynamic lighting
• Precise tilt control and physics, built from the ground up and tuned to perfection
• Gold, silver and bronze record times for each level
• Jumbo and micro ball pick ups, super charged cannons, elevators and more