Blades of Fury Review
- Easy to use and working controls; which is a necessity for a fighting game!
- The 3D visuals look fantastic.
- A lot of unlockable content and achievements to keep players interested.
- The moderate game price may deter some players.
- Limited iPod options and some terrible voice acting let down the game’s sound.
If you love fighting games, especially Soul Calibur, then Blades of Fury is a must own game for the iPhone.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Blades of Fury is a fast paced 3D fighting game for the iPhone. Players choose a character and square off against a variety of deadly opponents in different areas. As with all fighting games, you must defeat your opponents using different attack combinations to see who the stronger fighter is.
You can control your fighter by way of two control schemes. One uses a button interface to attack and block, while the other uses a touch sensitive scheme where players flick the screen to attack. However, this scheme is a bit harder to use, so your best bet is to go with the button interface scheme.
The visuals look great and can easily compete with those of other handheld consoles. The sound is good, but some of the voice acting is painful to listen to. Also, the custom playlist options for the game won’t work if you don’t have the iPhone OS 3.0 or higher. There are four game modes to choose from, including arcade, story, survival and multi-player, so you’ll always have someone to fight.
Blades of Fury is a game that appeals to fans of fighting games. And while the game is an obvious clone of Soul Calibur, it’s still one of the best fighting games available for the iPhone. The gameplay is fluid, the controls work well and there is a diversity of different game modes to play through. The few sound related issues let it down slightly but overall, this is still one of those must have iPhone games.
DescriptionThe first full 3D arcade fighting game available for iPhone and iPod touch!
**Pocket Gamer: 8/10 + Silver Award - "A high calibre fighting game"
**Slide To Play: "Blades of Fury looks amazing. This title is easily on par with any PSP fighter around."
Prove your bravery & establish your own fighting style through epic duels to cast your name among the greatest heroes, and be remembered in history.
Alone against the computer or against your friends in multiplayer gaming sessions, experience an explosive and accessible fighting experience thanks to an arcade-style gameplay.
Blades of Fury is the ultimate one-on-one fighting game, offering numerous game modes, and a wide array of playable fighters and fighting combinations.
- 10 characters, each with specific characteristics:
Own weapons, unique range of attacks and combos, two costumes, and a personal background story and motivations to engage in battle.
- Each fighter has about 20 different attacks & combos
- Multiple clinch tactics with a large selection of moves: Attack, dodge, guard, counterattack, combo, jump, break armor, magic attack, crouch, step aside, roll and more!
- 10 arenas that take you to unusual, yet sumptuous locations, each with its own unique atmosphere
- 4 single-player game modes: Story, Arcade, Survival, and Practice
- A Multiplayer mode for duels with friends via local Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection
- Two control schemes providing virtual buttons to tap or drag
- Access to your personal music library (with the OS 3.0 or higher): Play any music stored on your device during the game
- One of the most eye-catching games available, with gorgeous, full 3D graphics and smooth fighting animations.
Follow us on twitter.com/BladesofFury
More info at www.blades-of-fury.com
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.1.3-Fixed Bluetooth bug on new iPod Touch
-Other minor bugs fixed