Castle Of Magic Review
- Diverse worlds and fun boss battles mean the game hold its replay value.
- Detailed and well presented visuals.
- Players are able to resume levels from latest checkpoint if you exit the application.
- Movement control buttons seem a little too small and can sometimes hinder larger fingered players.
- This is a single player only game with no leaderboard or highscore options.
If you love the adventurous side scrolling gameplay of Super Mario Bros, at its current price you have no excuses to not buy Castle of Magic.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Castle of Magic is an action, platformer game for the iPhone. You play as a young boy whose sister's been kidnapped by an evil wizard, and it’s your goal to rescue her. Fortunately, you are able to use a magic cape and wizard hat in order to fight your way through the different worlds and enemies in order to do so.
The controls are simple and all use the iPhone’s touch screen interface. There is a directional pad used to move and buttons to attack and jump. There are also a number of different power-ups and bonuses throughout the stages, able to strengthen your attacks and jumps. The controls work well, but movement can be a little more difficult if you have larger fingers.
The game’s fully 3D presentation looks great. The amount of detail in spells, enemies and the worlds themselves are top notch. The sound is well integrated and intricate, almost every object and action has its own sound and the music is great. This is a single player only game, but players are free to repeat levels to try and find various hidden objects.
If you were ever a fan of Mario or Sonic games, then you will love this Castle of Magic. The platformer style gameplay is exactly as it should be; with varying the levels, such as space and underwater worlds, fun level exploration and challenging boss fights. The movement controls may not accommodate to a larger hand, but Castle of Magic’s terrific gameplay and style far outweigh any minor issues it may have.
Description**IGN: “If you grew up on NES and Genesis, this game is a love letter, written expressly to you.”
**Appadvice: “Castle of Magic seems to be a culmination of the greatest platformers in video game history.”
**SlidetoPlay: “Step aside Mario and Sonic.”
Finally, a platformer on the App Store packed with every feature of the best games of the genre!
Be prepared for anything as you try to save your friend from the clutches of the horrifying magician Nefastax!
Master numerous magical powers, discover beautiful enchanted worlds, stand up to the wildest monsters, transform yourself into powerful creatures, and even walk on the ceiling when gravity disappears!
Isn’t it time to believe in magic again?
Plunge into the magic:
• 5 beautiful 3D environments, each in a different material influencing the gameplay: slip on ice, swim in the sea, levitate in space, get glued in pastry, and more!
• Transform yourself into 6 different characters, each with a different power: a hunter casting arrows; the invincible fat man; the reckless swordfish, and more.
• 6 different bosses and a huge variety of enemies: from a giant snake, an octopus, a space-ship, snow-man, and more!
• Accelerometer use: shake your device to release superpowers.
• Tons of secondary quests: Find witches hats to win extra lives and search for secret worlds to maximize your diamond collection.
Follow the official Twitter account to get more info about the game: http://twitter.com/CastleOfMagic