Deer Hunter 3D Review
- Easy to use and responsive controls
- The custom soundtrack option is well integrated into the gameplay
- Plenty of unlockables and difficulties to keep players interested
- Only a few game levels, would like to have seen some more
- Not a game for PETA members to play
This is a great hunting game with plenty of options and features to bring you back for another round.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
Deer Hunter 3D is a game shooter that has players travelling around the world, hunting deer, bears and other trophy animals. You can take advantage of other hunting tools such as scent repellents or whistles to make hunting easier and land a large trophy kill.
The controls are straight forward and easy to get the hang of. You take aim by dragging the crosshair across the screen, zoom in and shoot by tapping the screen. Players also choose their hunting locations by dragging their finger across a level map to track animals all while monitoring the ‘hunting day’ clock.
The visuals are well done; the animals and environments are detailed in full 3D. There sound is rich with all the nature sounds one would expect when hunting. But players also have the option to use their iPod during the game, which makes for amazing gameplay if you’re a Ted Nugent fan. The game is single player with no leaderboard options, so the gameplay is more casual, which is fine for a hunting game.
First off, if you object morally to the hunting of animals for fun then this is the wrong game for you. Otherwise, Deer Hunter 3D is a fun hunting game with enough unlockable content and replay value to keep you interested. The gameplay is simple and responsive and with the option to play your own music when hunting, this is a great pick up and play title.
DescriptionDownload the best-selling hunting game of all time, and set your sights on deer, moose, bighorn sheep, bears, turkeys, and more in 30 scenic 3D environments.
Brave changing seasons and weather conditions. Unlock new weapons, skills, and hunts by bagging the biggest kills.
For the first time ever, you can view your proudest hunting moments in an interactive trophy room where you can view bullet trajectory, the exact position of your animal when killed, and any relevant bonus points earned for vitals, antler points, and cover. Based on the hit PC hunting game from Atari, Deer Hunter 3D is as real as it gets.
- Share hunting trophies of your favorite kills with friends (O.S. 3.x only)
- Blowgun firearm available for FREE!
- Scout firearm pack (.50 cal pistol, semi-automatic shotgun and crossbow) is available for purchase in the in-game store (for O.S. 3.x only)
- Virtual hunting simulation with realistic 3D visuals
- Different types of animals with true-to-life senses and behaviors
- 4 worldwide locations with 30 different shooting locations
- Hunt “Easter Egg” animal (exclusively available for holiday seasons)
- Use your scope to zoom in for more precise and devastating kills
- Develop your hunter’s skills in accuracy, reflexes, endurance, and tracking
- Relive your best kills and achievements in the trophy room
- Unlock new weapons, skills and hunts by bagging the biggest animals
PRAISE FROM THE PRESS
“This is easily not only Glu’s most attractive iPhone game, but the best-looking hunting game on the iPhone.”
– IGN (8/10)
This easy-going shooter pelts the competition with intuitive controls, slick visuals, and plenty of bonus features that ensure you’ll come back for several helpings”
– PocketGamer (8/10 – SILVER AWARD)
FOLLOW US at
What's New in Version 1.9.3Bug fixes and other improvements to game performance.
FOLLOW US at