- Some great soundtrack options by famous classical composers and fun sound effects.
- There are around 50 different and unique planes for players to unlock.
- There is a local Wi-fi multiplayer mode available as well as the main game mode.
- Only 8 game levels to play through.
- No continue options if players quit the application mid-game.
- The highscore options are local only – no online leaderboard options.
If you like the draw of simple casual play, a physics engine mixed with action gameplay, or shooting down enemy ships in a giant squid shaped plane, then Mini Squadron is a worth a look at.
- Full Review
- App Store Info
For those who ever dreamt of taking to the skies in fierce dog-fights but were afraid of heights or being shot down in a fiery blaze, then have no fear, Mini Squadron is here. Players take control of a small bomber plane and must destroy waves of incoming planes in order to unlock new planes, levels and earn a hefty highscore.
The gameplay relies on quick dog-fighting action and players will constantly need to barrel roll and avoid incoming enemy fire. By using the game’s on screen joystick to control direction, this is a simple task. You’ll also need to focus on shooting down enemy planes by using the fire button and keep an eye out for any power-ups that can turn the tides of battle instantly.
Visually the game is very smooth and this gives it a lot of personality, thanks to some wacky unlockable planes. The game’s soundtrack offers a range of classical tracks from Beethoven, Mozart and other composers, but also features a range of humorous sound effects to compliment the visuals. Alongside the game’s main mode, players can also set-up one on one Wi-fi multiplayer matches, to prove who the better pilot is.
Mini Squadron is a prime example of how simple things can often be the best. On the surface the game is a basic arcade plane shooter but the simple controls, fun sound, visual options and unlockable content makes this a terrific game to play. If you’re a fan of simple, addictive games then Mini Squadron is a great play and worthy addition to your iPhone collection.
DescriptionMiniSquadron is a frantic shooter for the iPhone/iPod Touch, involving lots of little planes all vying for supremacy of the skies! Perform loop-the-loops, Immelmann turns and other daring feats of aerial shenanigans with a super fluid control system - experience the joy of freedom in the air!
"MiniSquadron is fluid, smooth, and above all, a fantastic plane-based shooter." - 4.5/5 "Fantastic Must-Have" - 148apps
"It’s one of those games that hits the spot in the ways that matter. Go ahead and skip that delicious McLatte, and buy this exceptional shooting game instead." - 4/4 - SlideToPlay
"MiniSquadron is one of the most fun experiences on the iPhone, and is not only the best flying game, but already one of the top five games overall." - 5/5 "Absolute Must" - AppAdvice
"What's most important, though, is that Mini Squadron feels really sweet to play while encouraging addictive replay" - 8/10 - PocketGamer
"MiniSquadron can be thoroughly recommended both to those who wish to take a trip down memory lane and to those who are new to the 2D dog-fighting genre." - 4/5 - TouchArcade
Shoot down enemy planes, bombers, UFOs, ducks, collect a plethora of power-ups - and unlock over 50 types of planes with different weapon types! There's nothing quite like this on the iPhone!
- Intuitive touch controls.
- Stunning graphics and art.
- Over 50 planes to unlock and collect.
- 8 Levels of intense combat.
- 7 different types of weapon to use including BIG Laser!
- Ducks, Seagulls, UFOs, Devil Planes, Squids!
- Fluid gameplay systems based on physics
- More than 8 different pick-ups.
- Addictive Multiplier System for advanced players.
- 1 VERSUS 1 Local WiFi Multiplayer.
- Rock out to the genius of Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaichovsky and other dead composers.
- Ability to play your own music
- Survival Mode
- More JOY
- OpenFeint Enabled - Online Scoreboards and more!
Use these links to keep up to date with news and other amusing thoughts on MiniSquadron and possibly other things (like cats and ramen):